Any one current doing or interesting in Salsa Dancing

I have been in Adelaide coming up 3 years, and finding it really hard to get into a social scene. I am currently going to Salsa classes, but havent managed to get chatting to any one. I'd like to go to some social dances to practice the salsa, but will find it a bit daunting to go on my own. Does anyone currently do salsa that I could tag along with or anyone interesting in going?

Guest Nata27

Hi there! My name is Natalya, i am 27 years old and i am looking for a dancing partner for salsa and latin american dances! Let me know if you know anyone who has the same interests please! Thanks! :)

Guest Leanne

Hi Em and Debs, its me! I've been wanting to do salsa for a while! I know someone who attends a class, but not sure where she does it, I'll find out and let you know!

Hi, I am going to try Salsa classes at La Bomba, which is based in Croydon. Have a look at their website www.labomba.com.au. They hold freestyle evenings at the Talbot Hotel on Gouger Street on a Friday and Saturday evening. Let me know if you are interested in that venue.

Hi there, did you go for the new salsa course here last week? How was it? Looks like we might have missed out for this course but assume they start them every 6 weeks.....

Yes, I went last week to the intermediate class, was pretty good. they also do the beginners level 1 and 2. They did say you could join in the 2nd week of the course at the latest. Might be worth giving them a call to discuss and find out, or wait till the next one in six weeks. If you know some Salsa already you may just be able to join in this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thinking of trying the Arkaba Salsa classes on a Wednesday evening. They do classes followed by an "after party" at 9pm to practice. Dont really want to go on my own, but may well have to as not getting much success so far with getting anyone to go along with. Any one interested?