Proposed Girls Day Out In May

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Hello

I am having a dilemma and need a majority vote on this please ASAP.

I am proposing a trip to the Barossa Valley for us ladies on 24th May. I think once every couple of months is frequent enough for trips to be held.

Now I looked into wineries and UNLIKE McLaren Vale, many wineries in the Barossa Valley charge a tasting fee.

What I have gleaned so far is this:

for $70 we can leave at 9am, get back @ 5pm ish and visit 5 wineries, having lunch at one of them.

Now if we make Wolf Blass one of them, we have to drop a visit to two other wineries as Wolf Blass is so much further out.

If we make Jacobs Creek one of the 5, we have to pay an extra $6 each because of the tasting fees.

I am about to make more phone calls to different companies to get more quotes but in the meantime I want feedback. I think the limit I can charge for a day out of this type is $70, any comments?

Libby

You can pick up a bag of cheese to go with you wine tastings from The Barossa Valley Cheese company in Angaston for $45. It comes with a knife, a cheese board made from a wine barrel and 4 cheeses and crackers. Comes with a pamphlet that tells you which cheese goes with which wines and a map of the wineries etc. Some of the smaller wineries are just as good as the biggies.

Right next door to Jacob's Creek there is a small winery that has a very beautiful garden with a fountain. My brother -in - law who's a wine buff bought some wine from there when they were over here in Feb.

Anyways hope you survived your first week with the sea of yellow and blue people.

Rachel

Guest jill wright

Can't wait till I get there.Wow to visit Jacobs creek i'm going round to the shop to get a bottle of that now to sit and dream. Have a great time what ever you decide. Hope these trips are still going strong when I get there

JIll x

Guest graandjac

Same as...........I can finally say I can join you girls!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated. I'm sure Grabags would have arranged a golfing day already, so I'll have one in the bag!!! Looking forward to it already (although as a beer drinker, I've self-enrolled on a 'get-used-to wine-at-home-course' and I'm pleased to say so far....................... it's going well ;)! Jac x

Guest Bex & Nick

Hi Libby

We've been to the Barossa a couple of times now and I was surprised to see that you have to pay for tastings. Perhaps its because you're going on an organised tour? We certainly didn't pay at Jacob's Creek (and btw, I was sadly disappointed with this one - out of the 10+ that we've visited I'd put this at the bottom of the pile, but this is just my view so don't let it put you off).

The first time we went on a coach (well mini-bus) with "Enjoy Adelaide" for $69 which included lunch. On this trip you go up Old Gorge Road, stop at The Giant Rocking Horse (+ toy shop), Herbig's Tree, Menglers Hills Lookout, Angas Fruit & Nuts then stop for lunch. After lunch you do 4 wineries before driving back. For an organised trip I thought it was quite good - basic, but not too many people in your group.

The other times we've driven up ourselves and also had a great time - I now have a few scenic routes!

I hope you enjoy your trip!

Bex

Guest Libby1971

When I last went there, we went to a few of the smaller wineries or for me the less well known ones.

And you are right, there were no tastings then, maybe it is a group thing.

And for those who will have just got here, no problem. It is a great day out and is as you say a great way to meet people and one of the reasons we hold these trips.

Libby

Guest Donna

I think that the more wineries we get for our money the better. 5 for $70 including lunch sounds great. I love Jacobs Creek though and would more than prepared to pay the extra $6 for tasting.

See you in the morning love!!

Guest donna T

I will be there for this one Lib and am happy to go with the flow. As much as I adore Wolf Blass, if it is out of the way then I am happy to save that one for a personal visit:biglaugh:so we can fit more in.

I don't mind paying one lot of tasting fees but wouldn't want to pay too much on top of the $70.00

Looking forward to it already and it will be good to meet some new people too.

Donna xx

Guest Libby1971

Change of plan.

I need to know numbers for a company who is quoting a better price to work out the best deal.

We are looking at about $70 incl Jacobs Creek and a 2 course lunch. About $72 is the max, I think.

New date of 7th June.

If you are seriously interested, would pay it and def come on this trip, sign your name below or pm me so I can see interest.

Libby

Guest Guzzler&Sas

7th June sounds great to me (obviously golf and fishing trips husband goes on depending!). Money no object now I am working - hahahaha! Only joking, $70 sounds about right - like DonnaT, love Wolf Blass but if we can't fit it in, then DonnaT and I can go another time and get hammered! and the boys can drive - yeah right!

Count me in, it is now in the blackberry!

See you soon.

S

xxx

Guest Julesmc5

Don't drink much, but maybe you ladies can change that! Missed the first one, since we had just arrived, but I would love to make some friends! Sas highly recommends!!!

Guest mOZzy

of course Dan and Jacq are signed up for the girls day out already :biglaugh:

but right so!

i would if i was there!!!

have a drink for me please :(

btw jacq, i think it's time you get an own id on here ;)

Guest donna T
7th June sounds great to me (obviously golf and fishing trips husband goes on depending!). Money no object now I am working - hahahaha! Only joking, $70 sounds about right - like DonnaT, love Wolf Blass but if we can't fit it in, then DonnaT and I can go another time and get hammered! and the boys can drive - yeah right!

Count me in, it is now in the blackberry!

See you soon.

S

xxx

Do you reckon we'd get away with that?????/:v_SPIN:

Anyway, sorry but I can't make the 7th June - typical, now we'll have to have another one :)