Winter weather

Guest Sunflower12906

I struggle with anything under 25 now, thankfully it's only early hours of the morning during winter it drops below 20. I would really struggle moving back to the UK

That's funny because I have a friend in the UK who yesterday said she couldn't take her children out "in this heat" because they'd melt - I think they had it around 20/23!! I didn't like to tell them that although we've had four days now of rain the temperatures were still relatively mild.

I got an indoor/outdoor thermometer for my birthday so I can confidently state it is currently 13.3C in my back garden and 17.5C in my house. I've been here less than a year and already to me this feels cold. My youngest son is still going about in shorts and short sleeved T-shirt and complains if I make him wear a coat or shoes instead of crocs :eek:

Guest Guest75
What is the current temp down there? it was freezing up here this morning it got down to 10 degrees, my goodness glad I was tucked up under my doona

10????? Never thought it got that low in Woop Woop Land!

Guest Adelaide_bound

OMG I am SO cold all the time down here now! I don't think I can even go back to the UK for a holiday in the middle of summer, its so so so so cold! Do NOT move down south from up north people, its shocking! lol Can't wait for these 40+ degrees in summer people keep warning me about - bring it on! God I miss Broome, Darwin and FNQ.....sigh.

We are massively struggling with the cold too - I am suddenly very aware of how much I miss central heating and am astounded by how freezing it is indoors here. We made the mistake of renting a v old house with no heating in it other than a rickety old gas fire in the living room. It has beautiful high ceilings and period features and tons of windows and we are FREEZING.

It had become the norm in an evening to be sat under a blanket with a hot water bottle. We have invested in a Dyson hot and cold so at least we can get one room warm when we are home. At least we can use it in the summer for keeping the bedroom cool and it's energy efficient apparently.

The room I hate most is the bathroom which is also massive and tiled, in a morning I can see my breath in there and the towels never dry because it is too cold. Roll on summer.

One of the first things we did when we got here was fit a heat lamp in the bathroom!

Making me smile though because there is a thread like this around this time of year every year... to think we didn't ship our wood burner out because we thought we wouldn't need heating in Australia!

We are massively struggling with the cold too - I am suddenly very aware of how much I miss central heating and am astounded by how freezing it is indoors here. We made the mistake of renting a v old house with no heating in it other than a rickety old gas fire in the living room. It has beautiful high ceilings and period features and tons of windows and we are FREEZING.

It had become the norm in an evening to be sat under a blanket with a hot water bottle. We have invested in a Dyson hot and cold so at least we can get one room warm when we are home. At least we can use it in the summer for keeping the bedroom cool and it's energy efficient apparently.

The room I hate most is the bathroom which is also massive and tiled, in a morning I can see my breath in there and the towels never dry because it is too cold. Roll on summer.

You can buy heated towel rails, stand alone ones. I'm pretty sure I saw them in Stratco.

Yes - we have looked at them but the problem is no sockets in the bathroom (v unusual for Australia?!) or in the hall, nearest is in the kitchen but would require a huge amount of extension lead. Maybe we will have to put one in another room! Not keen on that though cos we are already having to dry washing in the one room we are heating which is horrible. It's a good job we love everything else about being here cos I am so miserably cold!

Next time we move house I am going to be less mesmerised by the garden and period features and pay more attention to the vitals like heating!