Making new friends!

Guest Rachq123

Guest Rachq123

Hi all, I moving to Adelaide in August with my boyfriend (I'm 27 and he's 25 and he is from Adelaide and very much looking forward to going back after spending 18 months in the UK!) I will be going over on a holiday visa until my partner visa is granted in October so will have lots of free time on my hands, especially when my O/H goes back to work. I would love to meet some people in a similar position as I'm worried its going to be really tricky to make friends :) We will be living about 10 minutes outside of the city centre.

Thanks!

Rachel :smile:

Guest Carly1985

Hi Rachel,

I am 28 and currently have no kids, I have made lost of friends here but the majority of them have children so it would be great to meet some people who ahve a bit mroe time on their hanns!! lol...

Let me know when you get here and we can meet up if you like xx

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a bit older than you 2 (34) but also have no kids and just moved here. My husband has started work but I haven't yet. If you are planning to meet up I'd love to join you. The coffee here is really good, I've discovered!

Guest Carly1985
I'm a bit older than you 2 (34) but also have no kids and just moved here. My husband has started work but I haven't yet. If you are planning to meet up I'd love to join you. The coffee here is really good, I've discovered!

where abouts do you live Debs? :smile:

Guest Nixipixi82
Hi all, I moving to Adelaide in August with my boyfriend (I'm 27 and he's 25 and he is from Adelaide and very much looking forward to going back after spending 18 months in the UK!) I will be going over on a holiday visa until my partner visa is granted in October so will have lots of free time on my hands, especially when my O/H goes back to work. I would love to meet some people in a similar position as I'm worried its going to be really tricky to make friends :) We will be living about 10 minutes outside of the city centre.

Hi Rachel,

We will be staying in Happy Valley when we (Husband and I) arrive on 2nd Oct. We are staying with friends parents until we figure out where we are going to live and where our jobs (when we find them) might be. My friend has children and i can't wait to meet them, but it would also be great to meet and hangout with people who don't have kids too.

We are both 31, a little older by age, but i wouldn't call us old. Would be great to meet up :cool:

Cheers! Nicola

Guest Carly1985
In Glenelg, how about you? I have a car though so I can drive anywhere

i'm in o'sullivans beach, so not that far from you, I also drive :)

Let me know if you want to catch up for coffee or lunch sometime :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil&Miche

just seen this post - Michelle and I will be arriving in Adelaide in December and would be really keen to meet up with as many people as possible

do you have room for two more to meet up? :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rachel!

Your story is exactly the same as mine. I am 27 and my partner is 25 also from Adelaide. We moved here in February after he lived in the UK for almost 2 years. Currently on a one year working holiday visa and about to submit our partner visa in a couple of weeks which i am very nervous about. :S

I havent made too many friends of my own yet and looking for some english buddies so i dont miss home as much. I'm from Oxfordshire and living in North Adelaide :-)

Hayley :-)