seeking new friends in

Guest tracynic

Guest tracynic

Hello to any other pom nurse's at north calvary. I will be starting there in august on St Helens ward ( oncology) I am in my 40, s with a husband pete who is a mental health nurse. We have two children , girl' 17 and boy ate 12. We are moving out to the Aldinga area in December but in the meantime we are in Seaton. We have been in adelade 9 months but have not really settled and made any friends yet. With a new job and a move I am hoping that things can improve. I think that emigrating at an older age can be difficult as people of our age already seem to have their long term friends particularly in adelaide where people seem to live here all their lives. I have colleagues where I currently work but most people are locals with established lives.

When you are younger and arrive with younger children atleast you can make friends through playgroup or the schoolgates. At our age that option is out. We have decided to move out to aldinga for the lifestyle that we originally came to Australia for ie the beach and.more space. But one of the main reasons is to hopefully meet other poms in the same boat as us, people who understand what it is like to come to a new country and know knowone and how isolating this can be once the initial excitement has worn off.

So if any one out there in the aldinga or surrounds wants to make new friends ( pref. Similar ages to ourselves with older children that would be great. Pete my husband loves cycling, surfing (attempts) a few beers, Arsenal , watching the cricket. Our children will probably be going to southern vales college in january dtr - year 12 and son- year 8. Either that or willunga high - does any body have any kids that go to either of these?

Hope to hear from anyone out there either at north calvary or aldinga area ...

Edited by tracynic

Guest Husky

Hi Tracey

Have tried to send you a pm..but cant.

We have a 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son ..we don't live in Aldinga but are from the south. Would be great to meet up some time

We're about to move down that way - end of August. We have three children, our eldest is 11 (almost 12) so will be heading to Willunga High next year. After having a good look at the schools where we are now and then Willunga once we'd decided to move I think Willunga had a really good feel to it, so we're hoping that it is as good as we're expecting.

I'll be turning 40 this October, and although I don't currently work I don't think I can put it off any longer....., we'd be happy to meet with you; we're just in Lockleys at the moment so not too far from you currently or once you make it down south. either way.

Guest vikkiann

We are in Aldinga.

Hubby a man utd fan but doesn't watch much of it now! Me and 4 kids, a boy who's 15, girls who are 10,7 and 6.

Drop me a pm if you want to meet up.

Vikki

x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oztostay

Hi there we have teenagers of around the same ages alway's a pleasure to meet new ppl and we are down south too don't hesitate to send me a PM either

cheers