New in Henley Beach

Guest The Bells

Guest The Bells

Hi everyone!!

My son and I have eventually joined my husband who's been here for 3 months. So far so good and we both love it. He is 11 and has just started school. I wonder if there are any other families in the area with kids of the same age ?? If so drop me a line and we could have a get together,

cheers Emma

Guest The Bells

Hi Russ

yes we should, how have you all settled in? For us all seems good especially now my son has started school ( Fulham North Primary).

We'v had a few scoops at the Ramsgate which is great, nice food and a good atmosphere ..... Wine n beer good too lol ! Where are you from originally, us Poynton in Cheshire. We are on a 457 too. Just another 2 weeks before our dog leaves quarantine & then we are all sorted. Good to hear from you, Emma

Guest CharlesSturtSA

Hi there! My name is Lauren and I work at the City of Charles Sturt - your local Council area.

First of all, welcome to the area! We've got some great School Holiday Sports activites at the end of the month which would be perfect for an 11 year old and there's also a Doggy Day Out at Henley Beach on Saturday 21 September if you've got furry friends.

Our community centres and libraries are another fantastic way to meet new people and get involved in the community. Check out our programs here.

Our website contains lots of information on events and activities, so make sure you check it out.

Please let me know if we can assist you in any way or if you have any questions. We hope you love the area as much as we do!

Edited by CharlesSturtSA

Hi,

my boys are also at Fulham North but are younger 7 and 5. We have been in Henley Beach since January, been wobbly but think we are getting there! I'm always up for a coffee! Not working yet as I have a 1 year old too so free most days.

Shelley.

hi, I will be arriving 23rd Oct also with a 1 year old, and although I have family and friends in Adelaide I will be missing my NCT group so would love to meet up, will get in touch when the jet lag is over

Hi there! My name is Lauren and I work at the City of Charles Sturt - your local Council area.

First of all, welcome to the area! If you're not already following our Facebook page - you should! We post regularly about local events and activities. Find us at CityofCharlesSturt.

We've got some great School Holiday Sports activites at the end of the month which would be perfect for an 11 year old and there's also a Doggy Day Out at Henley Beach on Saturday 21 September if you've got furry friends.

Our community centres and libraries are another fantastic way to meet new people and get involved in the community. Check out our programs here.

Please let me know if we can assist you in any way or if you have any questions. We hope you love the area as much as we do!

Hi Lauren

do you have any info on activities for one year olds? We have been doing lots of different activities in London and I think she will get bored with just me for company

thanks, Rachel

Guest CharlesSturtSA
Hi Lauren

do you have any info on activities for one year olds? We have been doing lots of different activities in London and I think she will get bored with just me for company

thanks, Rachel

Hi Rachel, we certainly do have activities for one year olds! Check out the Children's Services page on our website which has a link to the Babytime flyer which is a free program with songs, rhymes and music for children aged 0-2 years. Sessions are held at West Lakes, Findon, Henley Beach, Hindmarsh and Civic Libraries. There may also be one or two things in the School Holiday program of interest.

We also have regular 'Family Links Stay & Play' sessions at the Findon Library. More info on that here.

Hope that helps!

Hi Rachel, we certainly do have activities for one year olds! Check out the Children's Services page on our website which has a link to the Babytime flyer which is a free program with songs, rhymes and music for children aged 0-2 years. Sessions are held at West Lakes, Findon, Henley Beach, Hindmarsh and Civic Libraries. There may also be one or two things in the School Holiday program of interest.

We also have regular 'Family Links Stay & Play' sessions at the Findon Library. More info on that here.

Hope that helps!

fantastic, thanks!

• 3 months later...
Guest PoyntonMagees
Hi everyone!!

My son and I have eventually joined my husband who's been here for 3 months. So far so good and we both love it. He is 11 and has just started school. I wonder if there are any other families in the area with kids of the same age ?? If so drop me a line and we could have a get together,

cheers Emma

Hi Emma,

we are also from Poynton, we have been here over a year now and really enjoying it. I have 3 boys two who went to lower park school aged 9 and 10. We are living in Seacliff . Would be great to meet up we could arrange a meet on a beach somewhere? Pm me if you would like to have a get together.

Thanks Juliex

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Bells
Hi Emma,

we are also from Poynton, we have been here over a year now and really enjoying it. I have 3 boys two who went to lower park school aged 9 and 10. We are living in Seacliff . Would be great to meet up we could arrange a meet on a beach somewhere? Pm me if you would like to have a get together.

Thanks Juliex

Hi Julie

sorry but only now saw your message !

Jack went to Worth and we left just before high school started so he's now back in primary. we are in Henley Beach and do like going to different ones to sample ! Will deffo pm you when we come down your way again

EMMA