Over 35 soccer aka football players wanted

tina&steve

Any guys out there looking to play a game of soccer with some old boys? If so come along to Burraga playing fields Modbury North weds nights at 7.30. Good crowd of blokes of all shapes and sizes there are even one or two Aussies that play. Afterwards its off to the Campania club Modbury north for a few drinks and a quiz sometimes there is even pizza but always a good laugh.:biglaugh:

so come on dust off your soccer boots and come along.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just wondering, is this game still going? If so, Are there floodlights or do we need to wear miners helmets?!!

Still going and could use some extra players. We play all year round except for a couple of weeks over Christmas and New year. Wednesday nights at Burragah Reserve, corner of Alexander Ave and Kelly Rd, Modbury North. Arrive 7.30. It's only $5, on grass and there are floodlights and showers. It's a very friendly kickabout between mostly ex-Brits plus a couple of Aussies and mainly over 35s with most over 40 or 50. The pitch size gets varied to suit the number of players who turn up. We use our own customer made small goals so no goalies required. It's a good laugh and then most go back to a nearby social club for a beer and a quiz. Occasional social nights as well which may help new arrivals meet people. PM me if interested or want more info.

Guest spursboytim
Still going and could use some extra players. We play all year round except for a couple of weeks over Christmas and New year. Wednesday nights at Burragah Reserve, corner of Alexander Ave and Kelly Rd, Modbury North. Arrive 7.30. It's only $5, on grass and there are floodlights and showers. It's a very friendly kickabout between mostly ex-Brits plus a couple of Aussies and mainly over 35s with most over 40 or 50. The pitch size gets varied to suit the number of players who turn up. We use our own customer made small goals so no goalies required. It's a good laugh and then most go back to a nearby social club for a beer and a quiz. Occasional social nights as well which may help new arrivals meet people. PM me if interested or want more info.

that's a bugger im a goalie lol

We'll be playing as usual on Wednesday evening. Bring boots, arrive by 7.30 so our esteemed team selector Col gets a chance to see who's there and picks as even teams as possible. A youth team has the pitch before us so don't be put off if you see a bunch of quick young blokes running around when you get there. None of us are that quick. Should recognise us by the floodlights gleaming off our heads. Will send PM with mobile no. if you want any other info.

that's a bugger im a goalie lol

We even welcome goalies. :wink: They just don't get a chance to show their keeping skills, although the last one who came along did his best by lingering just a bit in front of the goal and not using his hands. Be good to have a spursboy there as we've already got a couple of gooners and hammers boys. As mentioned before it's all friendly and mainly intended for over 35s with most of us 40 or 50 plus. Will send PM with mobile no. if you want any more info. We play all weathers, it just tends to reduce the numbers if it's raining. Had 13 turn up last week.

Guest noelooo

Count me in this Wednesday , Is their parking near by? Who do I ask for when I arrive ?

Noel

Hey, I would be up for coming along for a game if your still after peeps to mark the numbers up ?

Hi Noel, there's parking in Alexander Ave right next to pitch and also a small car park next to changing rooms. Most of us arrive with kit already on but changing room and showers available afterwards if you need. Colin, Dave, Wattsy and Dan usually there first (look for a windows van), usually someone there by 7.15. Just say you've been speaking to Neil. I'll aim to be there early as well to look out for you. Have sent my mobile to you on a PM. Look forward to meeting you Wednesday.

Count me in this Wednesday , Is their parking near by? Who do I ask for when I arrive ?

Noel

I'm 28 am I allowed to join in guys I play as a defender

Hi, only saw the post yesterday and had a word with the guys last night and you're more than welcome to come along. Just bear in mind most of us are a fair bit older and probably a bit slower. Had a decent turnout of 13 players last night and a good friendly kickabout game. As per previous posts, it's on grass so bring boots and shin pads. Arrive for 7.30 pm on Wednesday evening. It's at Burragah Reserve, park in Alexander Ave, off Kelly Rd, Modbury North. $5 to play. Will send a PM with my mobile number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Burgermeister,

Would you fellas happen to have another spot for a sub 35 yr old? I'm going on 30 right now, but I can guarantee I don't have the stamina that other people my age do!

I haven't played a proper game of football since 2011.

Would you let me know if you guys can spare a spot?

Hi Dre,

You're welcome to come along Wednesday night. Now that the league season is finishing there's usually a couple more 'younger' blokes join us for a kickabout. Think I've put all the details on previous posts but will send you a pm with my mobile number in case there'a anything else. Cheers.

Hi Burgermeister,

Would you fellas happen to have another spot for a sub 35 yr old? I'm going on 30 right now, but I can guarantee I don't have the stamina that other people my age do!

I haven't played a proper game of football since 2011.

Would you let me know if you guys can spare a spot?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I'll be coming over to Adelaide for work for 2 months in December so be good to have a kickabout. Probably start in Jan, so will give you a message nearer the time and see if ok to come along. I'm 36, so just starting my over-35's career!