Nice to be back in Adelaide,

Hi everyone, arrived back in good old Adelaide yesterday, booked a 1bed no view apartment near the central markets and was really pleased/lucky to get upgraded to 2bed sky view apartment:biggrin: what a nice place this Adelaide is:notworthy:.

I will be building, or at least starting to build another hockey pitch as we fly off to the uk on the 28thfor holiday and to see our little grandchildren. This time the pitch is in the Barossa Valley (Stockwell recreation reserve), I am surprised how much hockey is played here in SA. I will be staying in the City rather than the Barossa and commute each day as Linda will be joining me on Friday for 10 days and she likes Adelaide and all the inner and surrounding parks.

If anyone/many is/are interested in meeting up for a drink or meal over the next 2-3 weeks then please get in touch by this thread or pm me, location is no real problem as a 30-40min journey from the cbd gives me a large radius. Or if anyone is going to be in the city during the day at all, then maybe meet up with Linda for coffee or lunch!

Keith

Rightio, will see what days I'm working next week and get in touch again when I know. By the way, did you know there is a Blues Festival in the Barossa this weekend? http://www.barossa.com/events/blues-in-the-barossa-seppeltsfield-wines - barbecues, beer, and blues apparently (with wine as well, of course, it IS the Barossa after all!)

Hi Diane, Linda has had to return to Brisbane early as our sister in-law whom has just recently started a 12-15 month cancer treatment, has, as a consequence of the treatment (as opposed to a reaction) is now affected by the 'Guillain-Barre syndrome, and is in intensive care, luckily they diagnosed it quite quickly and though there is no drug or quick fix, as of last night she is showing a positive response to the Plasma therapy.

Linda will not be returning to Adelaide now as we leave (subject to above) for the UK on the 28th. During her 4 days here she once again really enjoyed Adelaide with a trip out to the Adelaide hills, the remembrance service at North Terrace, and a ride on the O Bahn.

I am still up for a meet with any one, Sunday arvo is now booked for a drink in Glenelg with a few Guys, but open for other times.

Keith

Hi Diane, Linda has had to return to Brisbane early as our sister in-law whom has just recently started a 12-15 month cancer treatment, has, as a consequence of the treatment (as opposed to a reaction) is now affected by the 'Guillain-Barre syndrome, and is in intensive care, luckily they diagnosed it quite quickly and though there is no drug or quick fix, as of last night she is showing a positive response to the Plasma therapy.

Linda will not be returning to Adelaide now as we leave (subject to above) for the UK on the 28th. During her 4 days here she once again really enjoyed Adelaide with a trip out to the Adelaide hills, the remembrance service at North Terrace, and a ride on the O Bahn.

I am still up for a meet with any one, Sunday arvo is now booked for a drink in Glenelg with a few Guys, but open for other times.

Keith

Sorry to hear this Keith, hugs to Linda and her sister.

Sorry to hear this Keith, hugs to Linda and her sister.

She is my brothers wife, she is from Canada, been here 25 yr, and we are the only other family she/they have here in OZ. Further very small signs of improvement today, fingers crossed on that one, hope the same is happening on the cancer as that treatment is now, like their life's, on hold and could be for a while. Life sure is an arse sometimes but reminds us to enjoy life whilst we can!