Babysitting

snifter

How many of you out there are wanting a night out but stuck for a babysitter? Or happy to babysit for others on occasion?

New arrivals or those arriving soon, even those here a while who perhaps don't have a network of people or a person to fall back on for a bit of babysitting so they can have a night out.

I set up a babysitting group on the forum a while back and a few joined and offered their time for others. If anyone really wants to make use of it and find a babysitter or to offer to babysit it would be great. Its really down to those who need/want this sort of thing to make it happen.

Or just post in this thread to see if someone can help or is happy to offer up the odd evening so parents can have a night out.

Anyways, this is out there, happy to try to help if I can :)

Guest brianlynnette

this is a great idea and I would really really love a night out with Brian but the thought of leaving my kids with someone I don't know freaks me out a lot :( do you all meet and suss each other out haha how does it work?? :)

I've always met any new potential babysitter in advance. Of course, that is me placing an ad or replying to one. And in the UK. Here we don't need one as we have family/friends to help us out.

This sort of thing on the forum, it's whatever people want to do. Personal choice. Those who want to try to help each other out can hopefully arrange to meet up or something in advance so that when babysitting is actually needed they will know the person. It could also be a way of getting to meet/know a few more people.

It honestly is a case of actually doing something and being proactive. Hopefully a few like minded people on here will be happy to help each other out and so on. I read time and again about the lack of a babysitter and people not having a social life outside of the kids and I know it's not easy to find one. We had years of that problem in the UK. If parents are willing to make the effort for one another via here, great :) I can only do so much posting go trying to get people interested or offering. It really needs others to take steps also to try to build on things.

Fwiw, I'm a reasonable, sane 40 something Mum. I work, drive, don't smoke or drink and have worked with kids for the best part of my adult life. I'm happy to babysit for people if they are stuck or just want a few hours out. I'm also happy to meet in advance if people would like, not just for babysitting vetting but for a coffee, kids playing or whatever.

:)

Edited by snifter
typo