Gay Dads

Guest blue

Hi all

We have just emigrated to Adelaide from the UK - we are a same sex couple in our 30's and 40's and have 2 sons under the age of 5. My husband is a Dr and I am a 'stay at home dad'

Only been here a few days so still looking for long term rental - but be great to start to link with other people from the UK.

Thanks

Shaun and Blue

Hello :)

Hope the jet lag isn't affecting you too much. Can often throw little ones. Our son when he was 2, waking up at 4am bright as a daisy when all we wanted to do was sleep some more. Mind you, I think this time round with him aged 5 was worse jet lag wise but he adapted quicker.

Whereabouts are you looking for a longer term rental? Or not decided yet? We love the hills but the coast is appealing also. Our son loves hitting the beach, think that is the thing he enjoys the most so far.

Welcome to Adelaide and to the forum - weather looks to be warming up nicely for you later this week - don't forget the high factor suncream for the kids - and yourselves! (although as your OH is a doctor I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted there)

I'd second the recommendation for Semaphore Street Fair today - one of my favourite beaches and a great atmosphere there. BTW did you know that 'Blue' is what the locals call someone with red hair? Never have worked out why.... :smile:

Welcome to Adelaide and to the forum - weather looks to be warming up nicely for you later this week - don't forget the high factor suncream for the kids - and yourselves! (although as your OH is a doctor I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted there)

I'd second the recommendation for Semaphore Street Fair today - one of my favourite beaches and a great atmosphere there. BTW did you know that 'Blue' is what the locals call someone with red hair? Never have worked out why.... :smile:

I had my hair died red and my boss has been calling me blue on and off ever since. He even told a customer that was what my name is, and he still calls me blue every time he comes in. :-/

My boss did explain why it is blue, but I forget.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Adelaide! where are you thinking of renting? lots of groups and things to do with the children in the city and surrounding suburbs, and no real effort to get to the beach or hills! Having young ones always makes it easier to meet people!