Another meet up in Yorkshire early Feb

Guest MandiMR2

Guest MandiMR2

:idea:

Anyone interested in another meet up in Doncaster?

Location M180/M18 services.

Date 1st or 2nd wkend in Feb - majority decides, (we can do any of the 4 days).

The last one was a good success, providing a great opportunity to meet new people, share ideas, experiences & advice & make new friends.

I'm a nurse & Leigh is an electrician & would love to meet new fellow movers, as well as catch up with any previous people who came.

Anyone & everyone interested are very welcome, Mandi x

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MandiMR2
Hi Mandi

We moved from Doncaster to Adelaide in September and enjoying our new life here. We lived 5 minutes from the M18\M180 services. Hope the meet up goes ok

J

Hello J, small world hey? lol I too am originally from that area, born in Doni & grew up in Thorne!! Pleased to hear you are enjoying your new lives there, Mandi x

Hello Mandi - Helen here. I'm new to the site. Myself (photographer) hubby Lewis (teacher) & sons Ollie (18), Morgan (13) & Jude (6) will be making the move on a 176 Visa in September 14. I'd love to come along to your meet on Sunday. However, Lewis won't be able to make it this time because Forest are playing at home! Can you please explain where about you are meeting please & Ill look forward to seeing you there?

hi :) me the hubby (lee) and children Louie 4, Lottie 2 are planning the move in may/june this year. currently living in Hull and would love to meet up with people before we go x

Guest MandiMR2
Hello Mandi - Helen here. I'm new to the site. Myself (photographer) hubby Lewis (teacher) & sons Ollie (18), Morgan (13) & Jude (6) will be making the move on a 176 Visa in September 14. I'd love to come along to your meet on Sunday. However, Lewis won't be able to make it this time because Forest are playing at home! Can you please explain where about you are meeting please & Ill look forward to seeing you there?

Hi there Helen & welcome to the site. The meeting is at the M180/M18 Doncaster services, which from Nottingham is straight down the M1 onto the M18, off at J5 & at the roundabout it’s the 1st exit. Looking forward to meeting you, if you want to PM me your mobile (as a few others have) you can ring me should you have any problems. See you soon, Mandi x

Guest MandiMR2
hi :) me the hubby (lee) and children Louie 4, Lottie 2 are planning the move in may/june this year. currently living in Hull and would love to meet up with people before we go x

Hello & welcome Bianca, please come & join us, the more the merrier! Look forward to meeting you all, Mandi x

Hello J, small world hey? lol I too am originally from that area, born in Doni & grew up in Thorne!! Pleased to hear you are enjoying your new lives there, Mandi x

We bought our first house in Thorne!

Moved to Adelaide in 2009 and love it.

If anyone wants to meet up when they arrive let us know. Happy to share our experiences.

All the best.

Lovely to meet you all this afternoon. A big thank you to Mandi for organising everything and all the best for your move. Looking forward to joining you in Adelaide in September. Also, looking forward to another meet up with all my Nottingham friends in sunny Mansfield very soon. Hels x

Guest MandiMR2

​It was lovely to meet u 2 Helen, thanku 4 joinin us.

Huge thanks to all the others who came 2, it was great to catch up with where everyone is at. My next meet with u all will b down under lol which is still hard to believe is finally & quickly becomin more real...only 21 more sleeps lol but if I can help any of u with anythin plse just ask & I'll try my best.

Oh & remember don't take the ever increasin negitivity on here 2 seriously, keep yr own dreams alive...better to have gone & tried then not go at all & live in ponderin regret.

Very best of luck to you all, take care & keep in touch, Mandi x

Better late than never.....thanks Mandi for the meet up lovely seeing you all, M,L,D,M and meeting Helen and Jude the little dude x

Thank you Rachael. When do you fancy meeting up again - how about sometime in March? I was going to ask if you all want to come to me in sunny Mansfield & Ill put on some tea, coffee & cakes. M & L will be well on their way to Adelaide by then but maybe D & M will be up for meeting up again? Any one else out there who fancy meeting up in Nottinghamshire in March please let me know? Helen

Edited by Hels&Lew

Matt and I would love to meet up again before we go on our trip in April. March would be a good time, keep me informed!! :-) will have Grace with us though if that's ok Helen!

Donna x

Hi Donna & Matt

Grace is very welcome! I'll start a new post tomorrow and suggest a few dates in March.

Helen