World Cup 2014

Seriously need some drinking sessions when England are on and even the socceroo's! Anyone know any bars or pommie gatherings for this?

More likely breakfast butties than drinking sessions.

I haven't heard of where the games will be on, but it's all on FTA so the options will be greater.

• 3 weeks later...

I was listening to 5AA when they mentioned the big screen in the city, but when having a quick look for a link to that, found this:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-runneth-over-with-places-to-watch-the-world-cup/story-fni6uo1m-1226951139844

I like the idea of getting rugged up, and sharing the excitement, but since I really don't like soccer, won't bother.

Still, hope you all have a great time!

:smile: LC

Arkaba numbers are now at over 250... gonna be busy! The Highway is also showing it but apparently doesn,t start serving beer until 8.30am. There's also the Rosemont in the city but if you like your head to stay on your shoulders I suggest giving it a wide berth!

Sorry I missed you KennyKen, great turnout from the England fans, pity about the result! We were on the mezzanine floor, couple of gobby italians up there, most of whom I work with! Was hoping to have bragging rights tomorrow, oh well, nevermind!

Sorry I missed you KennyKen, great turnout from the England fans, pity about the result! We were on the mezzanine floor, couple of gobby italians up there, most of whom I work with! Was hoping to have bragging rights tomorrow, oh well, nevermind!

Likewise KennyKen - I didn't see your post till after we got home or I'd have looked for you to say hi! Was a great atmosphere in there I thought - although the food was pretty yukky! Why can't these places just stick to something simple and basic like a bacon roll without adding cheese, mustard, egg, and aioli!! Doubt if we'll make it for the 4:30 am game on Friday though - think I'll watch that one from my sofa!