any older Mums (or ladies in general) in the South up for coffee/wine??

Guest Stayinput

Guest Stayinput

Hi, I've been here a year or so now and think the chaos of moving over has finally calmed down and I'm in a position to start looking for a little bit of a social life. I'm an older Mum (40) with two young children (5 and 3) and work full-time but I do shifts so my days off vary. I did originally meet a number of lovely people who came over the same time as us but most either went back home or cleared off to another state! i was also on here under another name but its been a while so thought I'd start again :)

Are there any other ladies interested in catching up over a coffee or something stronger? day or night? with or without kids? x

Guest GillArch

Hi, Mostly I miss the chance to have a wine in the city - my friends here don't really go out...or if they do, they go for whatever is easy - a coffee in McDonalds. I love the city! I'd be happy to meet up one eve. I'm 40 & have two young kids. I don't like in the southern suburbs yet - but moving there in Oct.

xx

Guest thestewarts912

Hi ya I wouldn't mind a meet up I'm an older mum too (45) my little darlings are 13 and 10. I don't really know anybody other than school mummies. Been here abit over 2 years

Hi all,

I have been here 6 months and currently looking for work (therefore free at the mo)I too have only really met mums on the school run so far. I am 41 and have a daughter who is 8 years of age. I live in Sheidow Park but happy to meet up anywhere in the south. perhaps we should see if others want to meet and arrange a definite time and place if that works for everyone ? :-)

Guest Stayinput
So I take it from your new user name you won't be following the others? :wink:

haha you're right! we put too much money, stress and effort into getting here to give up now :)

Guest Stayinput
Hi ya I wouldn't mind a meet up I'm an older mum too (45) my little darlings are 13 and 10. I don't really know anybody other than school mummies. Been here abit over 2 years

Hi all,

I have been here 6 months and currently looking for work (therefore free at the mo)I too have only really met mums on the school run so far. I am 41 and have a daughter who is 8 years of age. I live in Sheidow Park but happy to meet up anywhere in the south. perhaps we should see if others want to meet and arrange a definite time and place if that works for everyone ? :-)

Hi, Mostly I miss the chance to have a wine in the city - my friends here don't really go out...or if they do, they go for whatever is easy - a coffee in McDonalds. I love the city! I'd be happy to meet up one eve. I'm 40 & have two young kids. I don't like in the southern suburbs yet - but moving there in Oct.

xx

will pm you all and lets see what we can come up with :)

Guest Watkinsfamily

Hi, I would be happy to meet up I am 37 with 2 little ones been here almost a year now - and also here to stay! Day time better for me somewhere with kids would suit but could work something out if given enough time. Thanks

Guest lilgal89

Hey guys!

Can i jump on this thread, i'm not sure what i'm considered but anyway i'm 25 here with my husband and nearly 3 year old! We have been here a month! I work during the week but free in the evenings/saturdays. In the South x

Guest weegie

I'm in!! I'd love a night out in the city too, but I'll meet anywhere for coffee or wine - 44yo 2 kids 13 and 9 - let's do it!!

Linda x

Hi I am moving to Adelaide at the end of July - initially flagstaff hill (just because that is where my friend lives) but thinking more south (willunga maybe) eventually. I am 49 and have two boys (6&4). Would be interested in a get together once I get settled in :-)

Guest Stayinput

Hi folks, not ignoring posts, I'm working night shift so will reply better once I'm on my days off.

Feel free to post any suggestions as to where and when to meet if you have any xx

I did actually pm you Stayinput hope you got it, im down south so the city is a bit of a pain from my end but Im happy to meet for a coffee perhaps somewhere, Id prefer to do something relaxed that doesn't cost a fortune. I see a lot on here are from different areas so a central meet may work some are a lot nearer the city Ill keep following this post though just to see if anything is arranged oh Im 39 by the way with a 6.5 and 8 year old xx

Hi folks, not ignoring posts, I'm working night shift so will reply better once I'm on my days off.

Feel free to post any suggestions as to where and when to meet if you have any xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kerry R

Hi - apologies for also jumping into this thread. I have been here for just under two years and very happy. Am based in hallett Cove with a 10 year old (boy) and 7 year old(girl). Work full time during the day but would love to meet some others if something is planned.

Kerry

Hi - apologies for also jumping into this thread. I have been here for just under two years and very happy. Am based in hallett Cove with a 10 year old (boy) and 7 year old(girl). Work full time during the day but would love to meet some others if something is planned.

Kerry

Hi Kerry we move to hallet cove on 29th July, I have 2 girls one 6 and one 2, which school do you children go to? Be good to meet up as girls are a similar age :)

Guest Kerry R

Hello ladies. So the seems to be lots of people up for a meet up. Why don't we plan a weekend date for a coffee and then we can plan wine from there? Broadway cafe in Glenelg is good, or Boatshed cafe in Hallett Cove. Maybe one afternoon onetime in the next few weeks.? What do people think?? It would be good to get something planned.

PM if interested and then we can go from there.

Kerry

Ive actually pmd a few on this thread including you Kerry but dont think my messages get through i have a lot of trouble on here i prefer hallett cove as closer for me also weekends can be difficult but im happy to see what gets arranged and go from there

UOTE=Kerry R;296930]Hello ladies. So the seems to be lots of people up for a meet up. Why don't we plan a weekend date for a coffee and then we can plan wine from there? Broadway cafe in Glenelg is good, or Boatshed cafe in Hallett Cove. Maybe one afternoon onetime in the next few weeks.? What do people think?? It would be good to get something planned.

PM if interested and then we can go from there.

Kerry