Who wants to be a tourist?

Guest MattyT

Guest MattyT

Hello Everyone,

I've been here for about 2 months now and managed to see quite alot of Adelaide and the surrounding areas allready. I think I've done quite well so far as my social life goes, met some guys from work and live with a few other young guys. The problem is they all live here and have done their whole lives so are less inclined to join me in some of the more touristy things! Imagine a Londoner being asked to go to see Big Ben, the Tower of London, British Museum etc..

I am only here for 6 months in total and have no issue being a tacky tourist so was just wondering if anyone wanted to join me!

I've been on a fair few hikes up in the Hills so far and down the coast. I was thinking of driving down to Victor Harbour for the long weekend.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions just let me know!

Cheers

Matt.

Guest Guest75

It's lovely around Victor Harbour - do go off through Port Elliot and Goolwa.

Port Elliot is sleepy .

Goolwa is lovely - Have a drive over to Hindmarsh Island .

Also have a look at the Wharf area just before the bridge, nice cafe/ restaurant on the quayside and a small brewery open to the public.

It might be busy down there for the long weekend though!

Cape Jervis is good for a visit - you can watch the ferries going off to KI.

Nearby National parks as well - if you have 4WD a visit to Blowhole Beach is essential.It's in Deep Creek National Park - don't forget to drop your fee in the honesty box as Ranger do patrol.

If you are into hiking / longer walks do some research on The Heysen Trail.

down there.

Further on is Clayton Bay - Milang is the sleepiest township with some real "shacks" or even further Meningie. It's quiet and pretty desolate feeling

Strathalbyn is worth a call in - the town center is reminiscent of a British village center , the street further up at the back of the church has some antique shops to rummage around.

Strathalbyn also has lovely cakes, and there used to be a lovely German guy in one of the antique shops who was brilliant on the didgery doo. Have you been inland to places like Melrose in the southern Flinders, and the Clare Valley? And have you explored around the Barossa and the Hills as well?

Strathalbyn is also very close to the awesome wineries of Langhorne Creek and you can visit Gawler on the way back - a lovely trip which we did in a weekend a few months ago.

Also visiting the Flinders is well worth it, though it's a further drive than Clare, Wilpena Pound is absolutely stunning and the Flinders are an amazing sight at sunset.

Strathalbyn is also very close to the awesome wineries of Langhorne Creek and you can visit Gawler on the way back - a lovely trip which we did in a weekend a few months ago.

Also visiting the Flinders is well worth it, though it's a further drive than Clare, Wilpena Pound is absolutely stunning and the Flinders are an amazing sight at sunset.

Do you mean Goolwa? Gawler would be quite q diversion!!