70's, 80's music in the CBD

Hi all,

A few of us forty-some-things are off on a night out in the city in a few weeks. We were wondering if anyone knows of, or can recommend, a club that plays 70's, 80's, 90's music, preferably with a dance floor?

Back in the UK, we used to go to places like Chicago's and Flares in the Midlands, or even Hurst Street in Birmingham. The music was ace, and you didn't have to be between 18 and 20 to fit in, lol. Not come across anywhere like that here, and Google hasn't highlighted anywhere either.

Cheers.

Guest Guest75

Have a look for a FB group called "How Soon Is Now?

Some Indie rock/ 70's/80's Ska and stuff / events in there...

Mod Vs Ska/2 tone/ trojan event at the The Kings Head Hotel next week in the city.....

Guest Guest75

MOD VS SKA - This Saturday 11th OCTOBER @ THE KINGS HEAD HOTEL

-MOD ROCK/2 TONE/TROJAN SKA/MOTOWN/NORTHERN SOUL

-FREE IN FROM 7pm .

We are otherwise engaged or would have gone.

• 4 weeks later...

We love 80s stuff. Thanks for putting the Wallis Tavern night on here, we're hoping to get to that. We had to move to country Victoria for 3 years and were fortunate to find a good 80s cover band in Shepparton. Keen to find some good 80s nights out now we're back in Adelaide.

Nowhere near the city, but spotted this 80's night being advertised....

http://www.wallistavern.com.au/specials/80s-night-auch

Did you know Rick Astley is coming to Adelaide in December, a true 80's experience. :biggrin:

Forgot to add, Spandau Ballet coming to Oz in May, unfortunately not to Adelaide though. Might go to Melbourne to see them finances permitting.

I saw a photo of the Kemps and Steve Norman at The Melbourne Cup this week, Martin Kemp is now rocking the George Clooney look! I saw Spandau when they were last here at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, also seen Duran Duran there and Tears for Fears were the support act for one of them (I can't remember which one!) and they were brilliant. Tony Hadley pops up now and again at The Gov and I have seen him there with Go West, who again were great. As you can tell I love the 80's too!

I saw a photo of the Kemps and Steve Norman at The Melbourne Cup this week, Martin Kemp is now rocking the George Clooney look! I saw Spandau when they were last here at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, also seen Duran Duran there and Tears for Fears were the support act for one of them (I can't remember which one!) and they were brilliant. Tony Hadley pops up now and again at The Gov and I have seen him there with Go West, who again were great. As you can tell I love the 80's too!

We saw Spandau in Adelaide as well, after they kissed and made up after all the years apart. Tears For Fears supported them and as you said were brilliant. We also went to Tony Hadley and Go West at The Gov, and Tony Hadley and Paul Young and saw Howard Jones there too. Just got my ticket for Foo Fighters in March but my other half isn't keen on my heavier tastes. Definitely going to Mt Barker Friday night.

Took a drive out to Mt Barker for the 80s night last Friday. Small but enthusiastic crowd and we danced the night away. Had a sore throat Saturday after stretching the vocal chords singing along. We've got tickets for Spandau Ballet in Brisbane in May as we were thinking of going there for a few days sometime in 2015 anyway.

• 3 weeks later...