Will be taking the kids to the Panthers footy oval in Noarlunga for the fete and fireworks in the evening.
2015 Australia Day Bush Fair
Monday 26 January, 5.30-9.30pm
South Adelaide Football Club Oval
Celebrate the bush to the beach at our very popular family event, the Australia Day Bush Fair.
- gold coin entry
- live music
- wood chopping
- camel and pony rides
- rock climbing
- face painting
- native animals
- craft and games
- mini train rides
- stalls and more!
Families will love the Bush Fair with free family focused games, face painting, activities and roving entertainment.
Pack a picnic or explore a variety of stalls offering local food, refreshments, wares and novelties available for purchase.
Headlining our entertainment program this year is Hall of Fame artist Chris Finnen and popular young female band the Germein Sisters. They will perform alongside children’s entertainer Dan Burt and the Graffini Show, Mayor Rosenberg will present the Australia Day Awards and SA’s favourite host, TV and radio personality, Andrew ‘Cosi’ Costello will return as our special guest MC.
Finish the night and long weekend with a bang! A spectacular 3D fireworks* display synchronised to music.
* In the case of extreme weather conditions (or other safety concerns) the fireworks display may be cancelled. Updates will be provided via our social media pages (Twitter @OnkaparingaCity #BushFair and facebook www.facebook.com/cityofonkaparinga).
There's a free brekky supplied by the local rotary club at the Colonnades centre outside the Hopgood theatre.... if I can get myself up that early (before 11)!
Australia Day Breakfast
Monday 26 January, 8-11am
JOIN IN THE BREAKFAST FUN
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity for the community and families to come together over a FREE breakfast to celebrate Australia Day. Meet and connect with your community and reflect on our history, diversity, achievements and bright future. Enjoy the family friendly entertainment and activities.
- Bring your picnic rug or chair
- All ages welcome
- ALDINGA BEACH – Symonds Reserve, Butterworth Road
- NOARLUNGA CENTRE – Ramsay Place
- WILLUNGA – The Old Court House
- ABERFOYLE PARK – Happy Valley Sports Park Oval, Taylors Road
For more information phone 8384 0666.