Anyone in Newcastle/Sunderland area of UK?

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Hi there Is there anyone in Newcastle/Sunderland in process of moving to Adelaide? We have just started our visa process so be great to know if there are any others out there in similar situation to us Lisa

Guest Kiki

Hi Lisa

yes there are a few of us. Im from County Durham. We have our Visa's but don't leave for Oz till Jan 8th 09.

Let me know if I can be of any help there are other as we sometimes have get togethers.

Kimberley x:wubclub:

Guest Lisado

Hi Kimberely Wow - its nice to know there is someone near to us moving over as well. Well done for getting your visa - bet you cant wait. We are doing our house up to put on the market. Where abouts in Adelaide / SA are you heading? We live in Washington and have 2 kids - Alex (8) and Amelia (3 - nearly 4) Lisa

Guest suejohndan

Hi Lisa,

We too are from the North East. (Hartlepool). We also have our Visa but the house market is at a total stand still at the mo. We are looking at going over to activate our visa in October if the house doesn't sell. Fingers crossed it will cos we cant afford to go over really. Good luck with the rest of your visa process.

Guest happy-jools

Hi Lisa

We are from Sunderland too.

We have our Visa and are going on the 15th June ( 2 weeks and 4 days, OMG).

Getting very exited now.

Nice to see someone else from the NorthEast.

Welcome to PIA:wubclub:

Guest Kiki
Hi Kimberely Wow - its nice to know there is someone near to us moving over as well. Well done for getting your visa - bet you cant wait. We are doing our house up to put on the market. Where abouts in Adelaide / SA are you heading? We live in Washington and have 2 kids - Alex (8) and Amelia (3 - nearly 4) Lisa

Hi Lisa,

We have our house the market at the min but there's nothing happening Argh!!!:arghh:

We have bought a house already in Aldinga Beach so we are all set for Jan except for our house here. Its a royal pain in the bum. Do you have 2 girls or is Alex a boy?

Have you decided where you would like to live??

keep in touch

Kimberley X:wubclub:

Guest Lisado

We have a boy and a girl. Alex is a mini Steve Irwin (another reason for moving to Oz) and Amelia I think is coming a close second. We are looking at Adelaide Hills and Fleurieu Peninsula at the moment. I just have my fingers crossed I am able to get job there as Legal Librarian and hopefully dan (hubby) get a job either with IT or in legal prof (as he is a solicitor/insolvency worker) We both work in Newcastle at the moment and just trying to do the house up to sell and then rent until we get our visas.

• 6 months later...

I moved with the family (Mam - 48, Dad - 41, Two Sons - 17 & 14) from Ryton, Newcastle (well Gateshead really!) in November 2007. Lived at West Beach (short term rental) for 4 weeks then moved to Sheidow Park in December 2008 (long term rental)... then in October 2008 moved over the highway to Hallett Cove (new house).

We got here on a SIR 495 Visa (a new one at the time... and as far as I know it has been changed again!).

Needing a local Geordie meet-up? PM me.