Let's meet! - arriving on 10th June 2015

I'm not sure who is arriving around then.

I'd suggest waiting till you are here and have had a couple of weeks to get organised, and then seeing if you can arrange a meet up with a few people. For some who have yet to arrive its all a bit of unknown atm and like you they have to arrive, get organised and find a place to live etc.

June is winter don't forget, Glenelg has a fair few places with BBQ's obviously but I don't know if all of them are undercover and if its a grotty day weather wise you may appreciate the protection. Also you may want to head to a reserve that has a nice play area for kids and again, weather can have an impact on where you may want to go.

A couple of BBQ/parks for example.. there is a nice reserve in Glenelg called the Da Costa Park reserve that has a good large undercover BBQ area and a couple of tables. On street parking is fine. Its in a residential area of Glenelg. It also has a good play area for primary and younger aged kids that is set away a little bit, all fenced in and a large green space for kids to run. What it doesn't have is a public toilet (can't think I saw one last time we were that way anyways). It also has a road running all the way round it as it is a triangle shaped area.

Then you have Wigley reserve down by the marina in Glenelg. Its a grass space. A few minutes walk away near the marina then is a small play area suitable for younger primary and toddlers, fully fenced and sun sail with a smaller BBQ area undercover and iirc table there too. Nice grass space there too but a bit of a busier road the other side. It also has a public toilet there (which can be a bit grotty depending on the day). It is right next to water and also parking may be a on street somewhere but time may be limited depending on where you park, the day etc. We've never had any problems when using the play park but have never used the BBQ there.

• 2 weeks later...