Any new arrivals - end March/ April

We (Mark, Sarah, Georgia (10)and Phoebe (6) are due to land on 9th April in Adelaide and I was just wondering who else would be arriving at a similar time? We'll be staying in Semaphore for the first 4 weeks before looking to secure a rental hopefully in the NE/ East or Flagstaff Hill area. Would be great to know who else is in the same "newbie" boat:smile:, particularly if you have children of a similar age who are feeling a little overwhelmed.

Sarah

Hiya :)

That's not long now. I am sure there are one or two arriving around then but can't recall names. Hopefully they will see this thread and give you a shout.

You'll be arriving a week before the term ends so that means the kids can have a few weeks holiday and kick back and find their feet without you having to rush them into school. And hopefully by the time schools are back on May 2 you'll have found a longer term rental and know what schools you can focus on.

If you end up Flagstaff Hill way give me a shout. We don't live all that far from there and I'm often around and about. There are a fair number of rentals around in the suburb atm (I just had a squizz on realestate.com.au) and others in surrounding suburbs so if you did like the area you should be able to find something that suits. I'd imagine the same for the other areas you are looking at. I

f viewing Flaggy and the area don't be put off at the vast amount of gum bark that may have fallen off the trees over the hot months. The gum trees up here, and there are lots of them, I can't understate it, shed their bark and the first time we came to look round the hills suburbs I was amazed at how much stuff there was on the ground. Worst time of the year to go view the area lol. We came back a month or two later and lo, it was all cleared up and it made a real difference to the appearance. They do clean it up on a regular basis so its not like its lying around for 6 months but we had just had a big hot spell and so lots had been shed and they hadn't gotten to removing it all. After almost 2 years living amongst the gum trees now I don't even bat an eyelid at it. Just thankful I didn't let it put me off the hills area permanently as I love it up here.

Suggest you download the realestate.com.au app on your phones when you get here (or before if you can) as its so much easier than the website, especially when you have lots of viewings and so on. When we were buying I used to check it soooooo many times a day for updates. Also track down local real estate agents in the suburbs you like the look of and give them a call and let them know what you are after. Opens for rentals are often on weekdays in the late afternoon or early evenings. Sometimes weekend mornings. Usually for half an hour or so.

Hiya :)

That's not long now. I am sure there are one or two arriving around then but can't recall names. Hopefully they will see this thread and give you a shout.

You'll be arriving a week before the term ends so that means the kids can have a few weeks holiday and kick back and find their feet without you having to rush them into school. And hopefully by the time schools are back on May 2 you'll have found a longer term rental and know what schools you can focus on.

If you end up Flagstaff Hill way give me a shout. We don't live all that far from there and I'm often around and about. There are a fair number of rentals around in the suburb atm (I just had a squizz on realestate.com.au) and others in surrounding suburbs so if you did like the area you should be able to find something that suits. I'd imagine the same for the other areas you are looking at. I

f viewing Flaggy and the area don't be put off at the vast amount of gum bark that may have fallen off the trees over the hot months. The gum trees up here, and there are lots of them, I can't understate it, shed their bark and the first time we came to look round the hills suburbs I was amazed at how much stuff there was on the ground. Worst time of the year to go view the area lol. We came back a month or two later and lo, it was all cleared up and it made a real difference to the appearance. They do clean it up on a regular basis so its not like its lying around for 6 months but we had just had a big hot spell and so lots had been shed and they hadn't gotten to removing it all. After almost 2 years living amongst the gum trees now I don't even bat an eyelid at it. Just thankful I didn't let it put me off the hills area permanently as I love it up here.

Suggest you download the realestate.com.au app on your phones when you get here (or before if you can) as its so much easier than the website, especially when you have lots of viewings and so on. When we were buying I used to check it soooooo many times a day for updates. Also track down local real estate agents in the suburbs you like the look of and give them a call and let them know what you are after. Opens for rentals are often on weekdays in the late afternoon or early evenings. Sometimes weekend mornings. Usually for half an hour or so.

Thanks Snifter. Thankfully already have the app downloaded and updates emailed daily...been on there for yonks already as well as Domain so have become really familiar with all the areas virtually...just want to get a feel for places in the flesh as it were now. Will let you know when we've settled and would be good to meet up.

Sarah

• 3 months later...