Me miserable, you talk...I'm a good listener.

Guest Deb17

Guest Deb17

Anyone reading any of my posts and replies since last night will realize I'm a miserable old so and so, but desperate to chat to anyone who actually displays a sense of humour - if you enjoy watching old DVD's of 'Blackadder', 'Red Dwarf' or 'Father Ted' we'd be on the same wavelength. :) I'm in Aldinga and feeling very isolated and needing a giggle. I'm interested in all sorts of people, old, young and in between. Just nobody too over-confident - they intimidate me. I like down to earth, no airs and graces type folk. If you're the kind of person who bleats on about how well you're doing and how much dosh you're making, well that's not for me. So, anyone want to go for a coffee, see a film or go get sloshed? I'm SO free, being a lady of leisure (unfortunately!)

Funny how I've been reading all these posts from people in Seaford and Port Noarlunga South. I've never met anyone else from the UK there, in spite of my son going to the same school as some of you. Where are all these so-called friendly people then? :huh:

Guest Django

Hi Deb,

We will be more than happy to meet up and have a coffee. We won't be arriving for a few weeks yet but we are looking to settle in the Noarlunga area. You certainly won't get any airs and graces from us.;)

You might be able to explain the merits of 'blackadder' to Tracey for me. I think she has an allergy to Rowan Atkinson.:biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Libby1971

I am a little bit futher north than you, in Reynella East, but you are more than welcome to pop over for a natter one weekend. I can see you need to have a bit of 'me' time and I do feel for you.

Sadly I am not a lady of leisure at the moment until the school holidays but then I can gas bag to my hearts content.

I can't abide airs, graces and people who think their f*rts don't smell. So far, I think you and me could do well. Blackadder is good, Father Ted good, Red Dwarf not so good so two out of three ain't bad (in best Meatloaf voice).

I am hoping to drag a few girlie friends out to the cinema in the next couple of weeks so maybe we could meet and see if you could tolerate my company for a few hours.:P:biglaugh:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Libby

Hi Deb,

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. I can't help with your immediate problem cos we're stuck in the UK waiting on pathway D news. Love Blackadder, Red Dwarf (especially the early ones). How do you feel about Will and Grace or Frasier?:biglaugh: I know, bit American!

You sound like you like the same kind of people as me, genuine and down to earth not false and flashy. I know what you mean about those over confident types, I usually dissappear into the background too scared to speak!

I've thought a lot about how it must feel to take yourself away from everyone you know and can only imagine how isolated you must feel. Keep smiling and you will make friends I'm sure.

How old are your children, we've got two girls 12 and 9 and one boy 7. Apart from the temporary (I'm certain that's all it is) loneliness, how are you finding Aldinga?

If you need a long distance friend, I'm frequently on POA and would love to chat.

Take care,:cute:

Sally x

Guest Deb17

Yeah OK then Libby, thanks, I might take you up on that. You should have received my private e-mail so you'll have my address to get back in touch. I've always loved the cinema - the whole escapist experience - and the advantage with an outing such as that is if you don't hit it off with someone straight away you have a good excuse not to talk to them for the next two hours!

Deb xx

Guest Deb17

Hi Sally, or should I call you nemo?

Not so keen on 'Will and Grace' but loved 'Frasier' - used to watch it on the Paramount Comedy Channel every night - yet another thing I miss about the UK. The only thing I really enjoy watching out here is 'Good News Week' and some other quirky shows they put on the ABC network.

Aldinga is a bit out in the sticks for me, although the scenery is spectacular - I have an amazing view of the Willunga hills out of my dining room window. But we'll have to move soon anyway - the rental we're in is being sold out from under us by the owner so we'll be looking for somewhere else to live soon as well - even more pressure, aarrghhh! I'm just not looking forward to heaving my bl**dy fridge freezer around again!!!!

As for my kids, well they hardly seem like kids anymore. I've got two boys, one almost fourteen and the other is eleven on Wednesday, so he definitely won't be my 'little baby' anymore. Won't even hold my hand crossing the playground.

So, when you get time tell me more about yourself - I'm practically always on the computer, well I haven't much else to do, have I?

Stay in touch,

Deb xx

Guest ali@51

Hi Deb

I like the sound of those programs! Red dwaf and Black Adder do it for me!!!! I have even managed to get Morgan into Red Dwaf. Do you like Terry Pratchet? If not try reading some! Anyway to change the subject I also am a lady of leisure. Or at least thats what Morgan tells me. I am a little way from you in Greenwith but if you can put up with a 2 1/2 year old I could meet you somewhere in the middle for coffee. Let me know if its not to far

ali

Guest Deb17

To all who have sent such thoughtful messages over the last 24 hours, including Ali and Michelle just now, cheers - very much appreciated when I'm obviously such a moaning old whingebag. (And this is what my dear husband calls me!)

I'm happy to travel a fair bit and meet up with anyone who'll put up with me. I've posted my private e-mail on here somewhere, so people can contact me and arrange a place and time to meet.

As to your question Ali, I do enjoy the whole sci-fi genre, some of it a bit offbeat -but I think I tried reading a Terry Pratchett years ago and couldn't get into it. Isn't he more of a fantasy writer? Correct me if I'm wrong. I read a lot of other stuff though. Is anyone into Robert Goddard? Mark Billingham or Lisa Scottoline? You can tell I'm a bit of a lit. buff by the hugely heavy boxes of books I lugged over to Oz because I couldn't bear to part with my 'old friends'. Hey, that's a thought. We could start a book club. Or does that sound too pretentious? Surely book clubs are just another reason to have a gossip and get a little squiffy, hic!

Guest ali@51
If you are into Dr Who, you can come round here and watch the new ones at mine.

I have Torchwood as well.

I'm available if you need to have a chat.

:chatterbox:

Hi Michelle,

We love Dr Who and Tourchwood, Morgan is now insisting I come on the next ladies day get you drunk and nick the new Dr Who series!!!!!!!! Might see you in Rundell Mall in a few weeks:biglaugh:

ali

Guest ali@51
To all who have sent such thoughtful messages over the last 24 hours, including Ali and Michelle just now, cheers - very much appreciated when I'm obviously such a moaning old whingebag. (And this is what my dear husband calls me!)

I'm happy to travel a fair bit and meet up with anyone who'll put up with me. I've posted my private e-mail on here somewhere, so people can contact me and arrange a place and time to meet.

As to your question Ali, I do enjoy the whole sci-fi genre, some of it a bit offbeat -but I think I tried reading a Terry Pratchett years ago and couldn't get into it. Isn't he more of a fantasy writer? Correct me if I'm wrong. I read a lot of other stuff though. Is anyone into Robert Goddard? Mark Billingham or Lisa Scottoline? You can tell I'm a bit of a lit. buff by the hugely heavy boxes of books I lugged over to Oz because I couldn't bear to part with my 'old friends'. Hey, that's a thought. We could start a book club. Or does that sound too pretentious? Surely book clubs are just another reason to have a gossip and get a little squiffy, hic!

Hi Deb a book club sounds great to me. I love reading and our container is also a bit loaded down with books!!!!!. Also If reading books is a good excuse for getting a bit squiffy I'm their!!!!!!. Have made a note of those authers for our next trip to the library

Guest Trakki

Hiya, as Pete (Django) said what you see is what you get with us. Would be pleased to meet up when we get there. I can do Red Dwarf, Dr Who, Torchwood etc but cannot do Black adder, well I could if Rowan Atkinson wasn't in it. For some reason I can't watch anything with him in, makes me feel sick!!! :confused: Wierd I know but hey who wants to be normal!!!

Anyway, hope to meet up when we get there

Guest Deb17

Sigh! This is the third time I've had to re-type this - for some reason it's not letting me post it.

Thank you ladies, it's so nice to 'speak' to some friendly people at last. I feel more positive already.

Tracey, my other half is also called Pete, but he's Irish and kind of reminds me of Rowan Atkinson - skinny and a bit geeky (ooh, I should slap myself on the wrist for that one.) Wish he had Mr. Atkinson's money though, then I could guiltlessly spend, spend, spend.

Sarah, if you send me a private message and let me know whereabouts in Seaford Rise you are I might just pop in and say hi, seeing as you're so near. Whereabouts in the UK were you from originally? I have to warn you I'm from Birmingham and a lot of people tend to have this misconception that all Brummies are loud and as thick as whale blubber. And of course the accent makes people cringe (myself included).

Hi Deb,

Argh! Just spent ages typing our life story for you to enjoy and the computer lost the internet connection! Seems like we both have technical problems! Never mind, I'll leave you in wondering how interesting I am (not) and tell you about us another day cos I've got to go to bed!

Great to see you've made loads of friends already, knew you would!

Sally x

ps. call me Sally, Nemo's just an alias!

Hi Deb, we're ex-Brummies as well, and yes the accent is foul! Never mind, we'll start sounding like Aussies within a year or so I expect! I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit happier, feel free to pm if you'd like a chat and don't forget we're having a ladies day out on 12th July. Be nice to meet up and talk about the Bull Ring!:biglaugh: