Next Childfree Expats Meet Up

suzer

So, I hear the last meet up was a success---sorry I couldn't make it? Are any of you up for another meet up and if so, would you like to combine it with a Facebook meet up I am planning. I doubt there will be many if any children at the Facebook 'Expats in Adelaide' meet up, as I plan to have it at The Elephant, which is a pub in the city centre. I'm thinking of perhaps trying to plan this one as an after work (about 6pm) on a weekday, as the last couple we have had have been on weekends. If we combine with the Facebook group, we'll get a few people from other countries, which might be nice. What do you think?

Suzer

I would be up for it, but doubt I'd be able to get there much before 7pm. Be warned that the food in The Elephant is pretty dreadful if you're thinking of eating there.

Kerry

Hmmm yeah that reminds me I've eaten there before, although I think the reason I didn't like it last time is simply because I am not down with Aussie steak sandwiches. 'The Lot' is too much salad and not enough meat for me. Is all of their food bad--worse than The Gov?

Is all of their food bad--worse than The Gov?

Pretty much all of it is bad - their 'bangers and mash' consists of deep fried sausages that I think would have been disgusting even grilled. Their steak pie looked alright, though I know someone who had one where the pastry wasn't cooked properly. The veggie pasta was dire too. I would really suggest finding somewhere else if people want to eat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...