Question About the suburbs

Guest stu4668

Guest stu4668

Hi,

we are in the early stages of our applicaion for a 175 visa and was wondering what facilities do the suburbs offer. are there restaurants and bars around within walking distance or do you have to go to the city?

Guest graandjac

:)Depends on where you go, we are in or very close to Noarlunga Centre which has everything, shopping centre, with every shop you could need, cinema, library, ice rink, dont expect to walk to Hotels (pubs) unless your lucky ..........the layout out here is very different to what most are thinking or expecting...!!!. There is another "Centre" at Seaford , the nearest to a High street that we have found is Christies Beach and Glenelg , but Glenelg is more touristy. Cheers Graham

Guest Libby1971

Most suburbs have at the very least a shop of some description. The only place I can think of that doesn't is Sheidow Park - instead the school was extended.

Suburbs here run into each other, there is no real boundary as such unless you are talking schools. In 10 mins in either direction, I can be or have gone through 10 suburbs. Some are bigger than others and therefore have more facilities.

Morphett Vale is huge but has a number of fast food places...eg Hungry Jacks, McDonalds, Dominos, KFC, Fasta Pasta, Yiros, Noodle Box etc all positioned on Junk Food Corner. Now I am near Happy Valley and therefore have a McDonalds there but in less than 5 mins I can be at junk food corner and get different.

And while MV has an indian restaurant I have not used YET I have been to the amzingly wonderful one at Goodwood which is about 20 mins or so drive from here.

It is no different to the UK in terms of provision. In fact, it's better. At least it's all here within a reasonably easy distance.

Libby