anyone with toddlers or know of toddler groups?

Guest tiggs
We arrived last week and alex is fed up of trawling round with us so fancy taking him to a toddler group a couple of times a week until he starts nursery. Anyone know of any? We arre in henley beach at the moment but will be moving to seaford end of nxt week. thanks x c

Hi Claire

sorry cant help with the toddlers (as we are north east of the city :)) but just wanted to say hi and welcome to adelaide!

You want to be looking for local playgroups (ozzies dont know what a toddler group is!) try your local churches, community centres and kindys as these are usual where the playgroups can be found.

Adele

(p.s. I think i have spoken to you before on one of the other expats sites?! A x)

Guest donna T

There is an ex pats playgroup at Woodcroft every Tuesday (including holidays) at 11am. All welcome - there are a number of 2-4 year olds all of whom play together inside or outside whilst us Mums have numerous cups of coffee and a natter.

If you fancy it, you can just turn up. It is called The Old Cottage and is located near Sir James Hardy Way, Woodcroft - I can give you directions if you wish to come along

Guest cityfan

hi...glad to hear you are enjoying your move so far!!....i am only at the start of the process...i am a nurse and still dazed and confused with all the info you get given!!....we are looking towards the southern suburbs and just noticed you are moving from henely beach to seaford...this is one of the places we have looked at....can you tell me...if you don't mind, what has drawn you to the seaford area away from henely beach....and although i see you have a toddler!!....do you know whether there is a good primary and high school close by....cheers....any info gratefully received....:wubclub:

Hi Clare

The playgroup at Woodcroft is meant to be great, altho' I have not managed to get there as of yet! Sure I will sometime this century! :err:

You might want to take a look at http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au/sa/, very handy little website and I'm sure you'll find something near you, if not contact them with enquiries.

Good luck with the move to Seaford

Dette :)

Guest Deb17
hi...glad to hear you are enjoying your move so far!!....i am only at the start of the process...i am a nurse and still dazed and confused with all the info you get given!!....we are looking towards the southern suburbs and just noticed you are moving from henely beach to seaford...this is one of the places we have looked at....can you tell me...if you don't mind, what has drawn you to the seaford area away from henely beach....and although i see you have a toddler!!....do you know whether there is a good primary and high school close by....cheers....any info gratefully received....:wubclub:

EVERYBODY seems to be looking at Seaford or moving to Seaford!!! I want to move back into Seaford too, PUHLEASE!!!, but now there are too many poms living there pushing the prices up!!! :P

Seriously, there must be something in a name. People see the name Seaford, catch on that it's by the beach and then want to move there. When I moved there two years ago it was a lovely, undiscovered, beachside suburb, nice schools, safe to walk around in, QUIET, UNSPOILT etc. Now there are ruddy great building sites all over what used to be open fields at Seaford Meadows and the roads are chock a block with earthmovers and bulldozers. The house prices and rental prices were very reasonable and now look at how they've shot through the roof. I'll never be able to afford to buy there now...:arghh:

Guess I'm gonna have to stay and sulk way out in Aldinga then. :sad:

Hi Clare

I go to the Tuesday morning expat playgroup at Happy Valley and I also go to a playgroup on a Friday morning at Seaford K7 - cost $1.50 or $2.00 per session depending whether you have playgroup SA membership or not. It runs from 9ish until 11. I go straight from dropping Thomas off at school. Take a healthy snack for Alex. Its a nice playgroup, all the people who go are lovely and really friendly.

Speak to you soon

Lindsey

Hi Clare

I go to the Tuesday morning expat playgroup at Happy Valley and I also go to a playgroup on a Friday morning at Seaford K7 - cost $1.50 or $2.00 per session depending whether you have playgroup SA membership or not. It runs from 9ish until 11. I go straight from dropping Thomas off at school. Take a healthy snack for Alex. Its a nice playgroup, all the people who go are lovely and really friendly.

Speak to you soon

Lindsey

hi lyndsey that sounds good, only prob is chris has car on tues as he has a job interview. We are also hoping the furniture will be delivered nxt thursday or friday!! Gonna be a stressful few days i think!! :arghh:

EVERYBODY seems to be looking at Seaford or moving to Seaford!!! I want to move back into Seaford too, PUHLEASE!!!, but now there are too many poms living there pushing the prices up!!! :P

Seriously, there must be something in a name. People see the name Seaford, catch on that it's by the beach and then want to move there. When I moved there two years ago it was a lovely, undiscovered, beachside suburb, nice schools, safe to walk around in, QUIET, UNSPOILT etc. Now there are ruddy great building sites all over what used to be open fields at Seaford Meadows and the roads are chock a block with earthmovers and bulldozers. The house prices and rental prices were very reasonable and now look at how they've shot through the roof. I'll never be able to afford to buy there now...:arghh:

Guess I'm gonna have to stay and sulk way out in Aldinga then. :sad:

we didnt intentionally move to seaford lol. We looked around and to be honest i hate seaford meadows its too new and sterile and the thought of living there wasnt appealing one bit so i wont be buying there lol. We loved mcclaren vale but with a toddler ,and not many rentals seaford seemed the better option. We didnt realise it was pom land either thats what put us off hallett cove lol, but maybe im thinking its a good thing?

Guest katsmajic

Ive discovered Seaford Rise is called Little Britain 2 by the Aussies round us in Seaford/Moana. no offence anyone....

Houses are being thrown up and have no garden spaces at all - horrid.

On the right side of the road (old side) houses are lovely and reasonably priced, there is Moana Kindy when your lil one is a bit older, but there is a playgroup/toddler group at Seaford Neighbourhood/Community Centre. Its on most mornings.

Guest wannabeausies
We arrived last week and alex is fed up of trawling round with us so fancy taking him to a toddler group a couple of times a week until he starts nursery. Anyone know of any? We arre in henley beach at the moment but will be moving to seaford end of nxt week. thanks x c

Hi Clare,

We arrived with our 8yr old and 2 yr old in March, so know exactly how you feel.

We live at West Beach (next to Henley) and I take my daughter to St Michaels Church, junction of South St and Military Rd at Henley Bch on a Wednesday 10-1130am, which is nice and to the Grange Baptist Church on Beach St at Grange 945-1130am on Mondays which is also great. Most churches do paygroups, the Henley Fulham Unitiing church, Military Rd at Henley is also supposed to be good, but I haven't been there myself.

Bear in Mind they don't run in the school holidays, so won't be open again until w/c Monday 21st July.

Also, you could look on Playgroup SA website for options when you move to Seaford. I don't know if you will need child care, but the playgroups are a good way of finding out where the best ones are!

Good Luck,

Clare A.

Hi Clare,

We arrived with our 8yr old and 2 yr old in March, so know exactly how you feel.

We live at West Beach (next to Henley) and I take my daughter to St Michaels Church, junction of South St and Military Rd at Henley Bch on a Wednesday 10-1130am, which is nice and to the Grange Baptist Church on Beach St at Grange 945-1130am on Mondays which is also great. Most churches do paygroups, the Henley Fulham Unitiing church, Military Rd at Henley is also supposed to be good, but I haven't been there myself.

Bear in Mind they don't run in the school holidays, so won't be open again until w/c Monday 21st July.

Also, you could look on Playgroup SA website for options when you move to Seaford. I don't know if you will need child care, but the playgroups are a good way of finding out where the best ones are!

Good Luck,

Clare A.

Thanks clare think they are shut at the moment as hubby saw a sign other day for it. We have booked him into a nursery in seaford and its costing $300 a week:arghh:thats more than the rent on our house, seems to be not many places in the govt ones and we wanted full time (even though we wont be sending him 6-6 thats far too long!). hopefully chris might have a job, he has an interview on thursday for a job which is almost identical to uk job he had and its sounding really promising!! Only prob is its up north, but who knows ey? I quit like it up here in henley though, and wouldnt mind living here really as everything is realitively close by.

Just feel bad that the majority of stuff hes done has been with us sorting things , but we are hoping furniture will be delivered this friday so once in house we can spend more time playing x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Briggs

Hi Clare - hope you are settling in well. We have been here for 9 months now. I have 2 girls - one is 7 and at school the other is 2y7m. It would be great to meet up sometime with the little ones if you would like. I might try and give the toddler group a go too - have you been yet? Sam

Guest wannabeausies
Hi Clare - hope you are settling in well. We have been here for 9 months now. I have 2 girls - one is 7 and at school the other is 2y7m. It would be great to meet up sometime with the little ones if you would like. I might try and give the toddler group a go too - have you been yet? Sam

Hi Sam,

It would be good to meet up sometime, Do you go to any playgroups where you live? I've just found a good one at West Beach baptist church on Burbridge Rd off Tapleys Hill Rd Tuesdays 10-11.30am, it's only 2 minutes from the airport. There is a great park next door to it also.

Clare

Guest louiesmum

Hi

I live at West Beach at the moment as of next week we will be living in Semaphore, I work Mon - Wed, does anyone know of any playgroups that run on a Thursday or Friday?

Guest Briggs
Hi Sam,

It would be good to meet up sometime, Do you go to any playgroups where you live? I've just found a good one at West Beach baptist church on Burbridge Rd off Tapleys Hill Rd Tuesdays 10-11.30am, it's only 2 minutes from the airport. There is a great park next door to it also.

Clare

Hi Clare - that sounds good. I don't go to any playgroups although i was wondering about the Expats Playgroup. Unfortunately, this Tuesday will not be possible as our washing machine broke down on Friday and the new one is getting delivered on Tuesday. (The washing machine is from England so the parts would have been more expensive than buying a new one). Perhaps we could fix up a date for the following week? Look forward to hearing from you.

Sam

Guest wannabeausies

Hi Louise,

The palygroups around west and henley beach are good and I have heard that is the general word for most suburbs.

The way I found good ones was to go on the 'Playgroup SA' website and visit churches locally to where I live (they all seem to be run at the churches).

Good Luck

Clare

Guest wannabeausies

Hi Sam

I haven't heard about the expats playgroup??

If you can make next Tuesday, let me know (your first session is free).

Clare

Guest Briggs

Hi Clare

Yes apparantly its in Woodcroft also on a Tuesday. I'll let you know how the week goes, with trying to find somewhere else to rent things could go hectic in the next few weeks!! Cold this morning - second time i've seen frost since being here! Take care, Sam

Guest wannabeausies

Sam

Sounds like your going to be busy, we are moving from our rental in West Beach in about 5 weeks time, so I sympathise!

Where are you moving too? You have probably discovered from my messages that I am a property consultant. If you are well established here it may not be of interest to you, but I provide a research and viewing service for people who are re-locating to, or within South Australia, so Let me know if you need any assistance.

In the meantime goodluck with your plans and I'm sure we get chance to catch up soon.

Clare.

Ps I'm feeling the cold at the moment too, roll on September!

Guest Briggs
Sam

Sounds like your going to be busy, we are moving from our rental in West Beach in about 5 weeks time, so I sympathise!

Where are you moving too? You have probably discovered from my messages that I am a property consultant. If you are well established here it may not be of interest to you, but I provide a research and viewing service for people who are re-locating to, or within South Australia, so Let me know if you need any assistance.

In the meantime goodluck with your plans and I'm sure we get chance to catch up soon.

Ps I'm feeling the cold at the moment too, roll on September!

Clare.

Hi Clare - sorry for not replying sooner but things are starting to get hectic!! We have decided to still carry on renting as at the moment we hope to be able to build our own place although i don't think it will be in our current area (Glengowrie) as there is very little land available so we'll look further afield i.e. 10/15 mins from where we are. Where are you moving to? Are you buying? Yes, i noticed ýour arear of expertise and will bear you in mind!! We are moving in 2wks and i just can't bring myself to pack a box - it seems only a few months ago i finished unpacking properly!!! And with a toddler running around the place it doesn't quite go as fast as you need it to go!!! Oh well. Gosh its been cold - i really do wish for double glazing!!! Hoping i can incorporate that into my build!!! We'll still keep in touch and will definately catch up once we've both settled down again (and when the weather is warmer!!!) HOpe you have a good weekend - we'll be looking for boxes and packing - and entertaining the kids. Hurrah!!

Take care

Speak soon,

Sam