Would like to meet....

Guest Suziep

Guest Suziep

Hi,

We are looking to migrate to Adelaide from Suffolk, UK. Would love to meet up with anyone nearby to share handy hints, news & views. Flying to Adelaide for a reckie in October.

Hi

My inlaws live in Suffolk in a little village not far from Ipswich. Otober is a lovely to time to come to Adelaide for your recce - should be warmig up nicely by then but hopefully still quite green from the winter rains!

Good luck with all your plans, and any questions wwe can help you with, fire away!

Diane

Guest Suziep

Hi there,

We live 30 minutes drive from Bury St Edmunds & it still is a great place! We live on a rural farm so still pretty safe for us to although most of our local crime is committed by people who appear to drive hundreds of miles to target one particular area. I have been longing to migrate to Australia for about 6 years, I then met George my partner & did not progress with my visa - silly move! Now I long to be over there and struggling as although we both have a recognised skill do not have a degree to prove it! I have 20 years experience but now the visa system has changed it is hard work collating all of the paperwork, still, worth it in the end. Sue

Guest Suziep

Hi Diane,

We are about 20 miles from Ipswich on the outskirts of a small village. If all goes well & we obtain our visas, I will also have inlaws living in a little village near Ipswich! Our holiday can't come quick enough, I have become so distant with the UK I can't wait to leave.... Sue

Hi Suzie

We moved out to Oz from Suffolk (near Ipswich) in January. We were in Melbourne initially but are now in Adelaide been here for a month only. Don't know how much advice we can give you but will help all we can.

HALT

Guest Suziep

Hi HALT, Quite a difference from Ipswich to Melbourne! I love Melbourne & will be visiting for a few days at the end of October. I have friends also near Ipswich who have been given visas for a new life in Melbourne but unfortunately cannot sell their cottage, quite a common problem I believe. I am fortunately in the position of not having to sell before leaving as the property market is quite bad at the moment. I am desperate to move to Adelaide but although have many years experience with my job have no degree so having to go down the route of employed sponsorship which is not proving easy.

Well, I hope you enjoy Adelaide & hope to be out there myself soon. Sue

Guest loulou1002

hi suzie

i am from sudbury originally, then hertfordshire now adelaide. we arrived a month ago and have spent the last 4 weeks getting everything sorted. hopefully by the time you arrive we may be able to offer some advice etc. so feel free to drop me a line and we can meet up

lou

Hi,

We are looking to migrate to Adelaide from Suffolk, UK. Would love to meet up with anyone nearby to share handy hints, news & views. Flying to Adelaide for a reckie in October.

Hi Suzie

So your from a farm in Suffolk, theres lots of them :biglaugh:.

I'm also in Suffolk. I was in Bury St Edmunds but have now moved into the parents to save the well needed pennies. It would be great to meet up with someone else going, not sure if there are many of us about from this area at the mo. I'm not going till Jan so i have plenty of time. Hopefully a few more people might pop out of the woodwork before then. Hope your reckie goes well in October.

Emma +

Alicia (6)

Guest Suziep

Hi Lou,

I hope you are having a great time so far in Adelaide - I am extremely envious although we have sunny skies here today which always makes for a better day! Good luck with getting settled, it always takes some time & very stressful! I will try to catch up with in Adelaide if I can tear myself away from the vineyards......!!

Hi everyone.

Nothing to say of interest just wanted to get the thread to the top again.

Sue and myself will be arranging a meet up soon and just thought i'd see if theres anyone else who fancies it. Would love to meet more people from around here who are heading of to Adelaide to.

Emma.