Meet New People

Guest MichaelandJo

Guest MichaelandJo

Hi my name is Joanna and my husband Micheal and Son Vincent 2 and half have lived in Adeliade now for 1 year. From the South East in the UK.

We have made a few friends and are looking to make more.

Enjoy, Clubbing, Pubbing, Cycling (did the 40k Barossa few weekends ago was great) Fishing, Meals, Gym, Soccer (Manchester United) Micheal originaly from Manchester. Beach, just about anything really. Love to be busy weekends and meet new people. Both work in the City and live 15 mins outside in Hectorville.

Anybody interested in meeting up please get in touch. :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest graandjac

Just when i was thinking how your life and intrests matched ours , then i saw it united, and things went down hill :lol: :lol: , we are from nr Hastings here in the uk where were you here? hope to be out in about 9 months all the outdoor stuff is what we cant wait for,especially the beach ,fishing and cycling hope someone crops up. Cheers

yid army!!!

Guest MichaelandJo

We moved from Buckinghamshire.

You will love the Outdoor lifestyle here.

Have you been out here before now?

If you need any advice or help, just ask.

Totenham just a small suburb in Arsenal isn't it.

Champions :twisted:

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Michael and Jo

Welcome to PIA and as an Arsenal season ticket holder, please let me congratulate Utd on their Premiership. Odd though it sounds, every gooner I know at the Emirates yesterday was on Utd's side and it gave us great pleasure to take Chelsea's title away and hand it to you guys - richly deserved by a team that plays attactive football (and has class and history )just like Arsenal). Apologies to any Chelsea-supporting forum members!

Sorry graandjac - Tottenham/Arsenal - perhaps we can agree to diasagree on this one!

We're hoping to be out by the end of the year and looking forward to the outdoors/lifestyle and meeting new frinds. Aprt from my family and friends, Arsenal and football on a cold winter's day/night will be the thing I really miss.

Deena

Guest graandjac

Hi Micheal and Jo,

No as mad as it seems to our friends (and to us as it goes) we could be going blind,i just think that a reccie for two weeks or so would only be done in holiday mode so it would seem great, We have quite a good pot to take but a reccie would still take a few grand or more which could go further when hopefully there.

The only thing that keeps us indoors here is the weather and we know that bit is better down under,so the outdoor thing is great,we to do like to socialize,love a beer or ten and both work so hope fully that part should fall into place how did you find things? We have said that the first year or so will be v hard so anything less will be a bonus,so we have no illusions that it will be easy from the start. cheers Graham

PS Deena there is nothing for us to agree on you are a gooner and iam a yid :lol: :lol: :lol:At the end of one day you will get over it , must admit the new stadium looks good i have not been there yet.

Guest graandjac

Ian maybe we need to get together over a game of golf(sure you said you played) fellow yid as long as you dont have to low a handicap :lol: Cheers Graham

Graham,

Always up for game Graham. Takes the frustration away from being a spurs supporter!! Wifes always up for a shopping trip and a natter

Only play of 12 handicap (member over at Willingdon, Eastbourne)

Cant wait to play an Aus course, found some great ones around Adelaide on the web!

Ian

Guest graandjac

Going to have to take 10 shots off you sorry, i play at Hemstead Forest and struggle there to be consistent to many trees(excuse) .The course's look great out there and cheeper than here for a round. Any way we've just gone up to 6th with a game in hand ,cancelled sky last month to put some money away for the big adventure trying to listen online,not quite the same, that golf sounds good and the girls all like to shop and natter would be good to get together. Cheers Graham

Graham,

Same with me, have to put up with watching "Matchcast" on PC. Not the same but then at least you can watch it with out the nagging! :lol:

Nice course at Hemstead Forest, played there once before and enjoyed it. If ever you fancy a game just let me know and i am sure it can be arranged.

Ian

Guest Django

Still got sky here guys 8) :D I reckon it'll be the last thing I cancel. I'd invite you round to watch it but I reckon I'm a bit too far away. I'd also say lets make it a three-ball but my handicap is hitting the ball. :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I still reckon its imposible to get a double figure score. :oops: :oops: I'll have to take some lessons from you guys in Oz. :wink:

Pete

Guest graandjac

Sounds like our first three ball in oz is a date,with of course a barby after :lol: :lol: looking forward to that , would be good to get a round in Ian just let a manic period of work die down and that would be great.

Cheers Graham

Guest Django

I'd best get up the driving range every night between now and Adelaide. :shock: Don't want to show the boys from the 'bush up. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Haven't hit a ball since I came up here and now I have a perfect excuse to get back into it. :D

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Graham

Sounds like the biggest handicap you have is being a Tottenham fan! Gloves are off now, I tried conciliation but as a Clock End girl, banter comes much more naturally!

John is the golfer (and a gooner of course) and is desperate to find people to play with when we finally get over to Oz, it's nice to know that he may be able to have a round with a few forum friends. I'll let him bore you all with details of his handicap (no, that's not me despite what he might say!) as I know as much about golf as I do Aussie rules.

Up the Arsenal.

Deena

Guest Django
Sounds like the biggest handicap you have is being a Tottenham fan!

I didn't like to say as much. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mind you my lot aren't anything to brag about. Living in Adelaide will be the perfect excuse not to go down the bush every other weekend. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Django
QPR? That's a long way from Lincolnshire........?

Well yes it is. :lol: I only moved up here 4 years ago. Its only 3 hours away. :lol: :lol:

Pete

Guest The Bowmans

Blimey Pete

3 hours each way to watch QPR - that's dedication. Fair play to you, a true fan. It only takes me an hour each way to get to the Emirates from here. I was thinking about commuting from Adelaide next season but John thinks it might be impractical.......!

However, I am bringing my CL fund with me - if we manage to get to the CL final again (have to up our game first) I will fly back to attend. I went to Paris for the final last year and very nearly had the best night of my footie life.

ps - Graham and Ian - the Champions League is what you get to enter if you don't eat lasagne pre-match........sorry guys couldn't resist it.

Guest Django
I was thinking about commuting from Adelaide next season but John thinks it might be impractical.......!

Can't see Johns point :? After all it is football innit :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps - Graham and Ian - the Champions League is what you get to enter if you don't eat lasagne pre-match........sorry guys couldn't resist it.

36_11_6.gif

Guest The Bowmans

Pete, you're talking my language - no such thing as too far or too much time and money when it comes to following your team.

Ian, there is only one team in North London. You know them - they've won the League twice at WHL - which is once more than Spurs have managed to win there I think......

John would love to play golf and as he's not as rabid a gooner as me, you may even get through a whole round without him even mentioning the Queen's favourite team.........

Guest Django
I did not think that the words Football and Arsenal go together :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

As much as it hurts me to say it..... I reckon Arsenal play the best football in the country at he mo. If they could put away half the chances they create no one would touch them. :wink: Just wished they had thrown the game at the weekend though. Anyone but United. :( Even Chelsea :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: