Paul Weller

Skittle

I know some of you on here went to see Paul Weller last night at Thebarton Theatre. Can I just say I thought he was fantastic, looking extremely good for a 50 year old if I might say!

There was a bit of tension to begin with as his guitar didn't seem to be working, I felt quite sorry for the guy who came out to try and fix it. Paul calmed down though and I did see him giving the sound guy a hug later as if to say sorry.

Steve (hubby) was convinced he saw Rick Buckler sat near us, don't know about that though.

What did the rest of you think?

Karenx

What a great evening ! Having seen the great man many times before , am amazed how great he still looks and sounds , and with such energy ! Even when his guitar was obviously with fault he carried on behind the microphone without it , rare sight but still fantastic stuff . And to hear some old Jam numbers ............ superb !!

Rare treat for us all there . Lets hope more great bands come this way .

Yeah, gotta agree, thought he was great. Very entertaining.

The only thing is, was it me, or does he seem to have a bit more of a swagger than he used to have (if that makes sense). When he first came on, and for the first two songs, I said to my husband that it looks like Liam Gallagher up there. Just the way he was strutting his stuff and that.

Now I don't want to get into a debate, as I'm a fan of weller and the gallagher brothers, but he just really reminded me of Liam and I cant remember him being like that, or was he always like that, and that's where Liam gets his moves from. :biglaugh:

Also, (again this isn't a criticism), but you would never have believed you were in Adelaide. I never heard an aussie accent, but plenty of people from the uk. And it's the most London accents I've heard since coming here.

No, I didn't see you either, Karen. We was in the bar for a little while and I kept on looking round to see if I recognised anyone. I did recognise one lady in the toilet, but couldn't remember where I knew her from, so didn't say anything. :wubclub:

It was a good night though, and found it so easy to park, no trouble getting back to the car etc, Oh, apart from getting my leg stuck in one of the chairs as we were climbing over, but I managed to get it out quickly, before anyone noticed, lol (well, I hope noone noticed, anyway)

Forgot to mention, apparently he didn't like the curry house on Grote (or Grot in his words) street. He wouldn't recommend anyone go there, only he didn't say it as nicely as that!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest dunnarunna
. Lets hope more great bands come this way .

the stray cats are supposed to be playing there in february hoping to be able to get tickets to that when they go on sale

donna

I should point out here that it was Richie who went Weller last night - I wouldn't cross the road to go and see him! Music to slash your wrists by I reckon! Richie's boss has reserved front row tickets to see Stray Cats Donna, but I have to say I wouldn't cross the road for them either!!!! Now if you're talking about Depeche Mode, well that's a whole different story!! Are my 80's roots showing?????:biglaugh:

Guest dunnarunna

where from karen ive looked on the thebarton theatre website and on the link on the stray cats website to ticketek but cant find them, its ok i have now venuetix!

donna

Forgot to mention, apparently he didn't like the curry house on Grote (or Grot in his words) street. He wouldn't recommend anyone go there, only he didn't say it as nicely as that!!!!:biglaugh:

He should have gone to the indian over the road from the thebby, which is were we me and mrs mezza went before the gig. For an ozzie ruby, it was better than many we've had;)