West Mids Meet SAT JUNE 23rd 2PM - details

Guest graandjac

Hi Sarah! Just tried getting directions off the web to the meet but it says postcode is incorrect. Also tried the link but this is not opening either.

Any ideas? :? :lol:

Gra and Jac x

Guest RandC

Hi all - haven't posted for ages :oops: really busy marking (yawn yawn) will definitely be at the meet-up without kids - although have been told my turn to drive :shock: - might have to forget my glasses :D Don't tell OH

Cari :D

It's friday,my day off and I've finished all my marking - I can come out and play now :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Gone a bit quiet on this meet subject....thought id try to revive the interest!!!

Who is coming to the meet? Did you all go to the last one?

And i believe the family who bought the Ozzy flag have left now eg: escaped the UK....if so where can i get one from?

See ya!

Dan and Steph

Guest Rachel & Jeff

We are new to this site and quite keen to come and meet up. Unfortunately I have already arranged to drive my parents to the theatre in Birmingham that evening. How late is anyone likely to stay cos we need to decide whether to come early and leave early or come later as we will have time to kill while we wait for their concert to finish.

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Thanks Sarah. I will have to do some route planning and work out our best option. Sounds like quite a lot turned up last time so hope we can make it.

Guest suetp

:confused:hello my name is sue and im emigrating with my family ,2 children and my husband has any body got any advice as im getting very scared and stressed about leaveing my family and freinds . dont no were to go in adelaide my husband is a carpenter and i am a classroom assistant in a special school we come form the west midlands ,would lv to here from poms who have settled in oz x:cool:

Hi suetp!

Can understand that you're nervous about the move. It's a big step, not to mention a bloody long flight!!!

I suppose that really that's what this forum is for, to discuss your fears and hopes and to talk to people in the same boat. We're leaving at the end of July and I can't begin to imagine how on earth my poor mum will be able to stand not being able to see her grandchildren every week. But I also know that we're doing absolutely the right thing in going.

Can only suggest you come along to the meet, take a deep breath and join in all the conversations! We're quite a friendly lot on the whole, Cari drinks like a fish though and gets mean after a couple of chardonnays so watch out for her!!!

Hope to see you there!

Liz and Rich

Guest suetp

hello and thanks for replying it made me feel a bit better will hopefully be coming to the meet ,were do you come from? were from walsall. have you got children/ i have 2 jessica 9 loui 5 .

Guest swampo

Hi all, hope to join ou on 23rd June.

Directions forMarlbrook are easy - Junction 4 M5 head for Bromsgrove town centre (A38), first set of traffic lights the Marlbrook is on your immediate left. Its a huge pub so you can't miss it. If coming from M42 come off at Junction 1 take directions for M5/Stourbridge the Marlbrook is on your right about 1/2 mile (just on the traffic lights).

We are relative 'newbies', just had our RSMS nominational approved by Dept. Trade & Industry, SA.

Looking forward to swapping tales.

Kev & Mall (Swampo - don't ask!)

Guest suetp

hi liz and rich when are you hopeing to be there ? how old are your kids are they excited ,what do you do for a living sorry for all the questions but its really iinteresting to find someone in the same boat hope to here from you soon sue and rob in walsall west mids

Guest suetp
:cool::rolleyes:hi liz and rich when are you hopeing to be there ? how old are your kids are they excited ,what do you do for a living sorry for all the questions but its really iinteresting to find someone in the same boat hope to here from you soon sue and rob in walsall west mids

Guest lazymazy

hi all, been away ( off site ) for a few weeks, the house is getting on top of us, don't worry dan we will bring the flag again, ( it was our friends who have flown the nest ) like i said, we're just waiting to sell our house then we'll be off. looking forward to the meet, having keyhole on my knee tomorrow and got 4-6 weeks off work so i'll need some entertaining.

ps...we got our flag of the one and only...... EBAY

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Suetp!

Sorry we didn't reply before, we've not been on site much, too busy organising our wedding, our removals and our flights! We currently live in Sutton Coldfield but we're moving out 3rd July. We fly out 26th July. Our kids are 3 and 18 months so they're not really old enough to understand what's going on. Our 3 year old knows we're going to Oz but she doesn't understand that we're not coming back and that she won't get to see grandma, grandad and all her family again (at least not for some time anyway). How far along are you in your application and do you think you'll make it to the meet?