Scottish get together

mathijohn

Following a few successful meets - thought it time to organise another before we go into the dead of winter, no honestly were not there yet, it only feels like the middle of January!!

I've noticed that there are a lot of Scottish families posting these days. If you fancy meeting up please feel free to nominate a suitable Saturday in September and suggestions for a venue, we can narrow it down when people confirm dates and if there is any interest.

Moira

Thought I'd move this up!!!

Following a few successful meets - thought it time to organise another before we go into the dead of winter, no honestly were not there yet, it only feels like the middle of January!!

I've noticed that there are a lot of Scottish families posting these days. If you fancy meeting up please feel free to nominate a suitable Saturday in September and suggestions for a venue, we can narrow it down when people confirm dates and if there is any interest.

Moira

Guest rockpool crab

Moira

Hiya,

We can make any weekend in September except the 6th. We live just short of Ayrshire, near Largs which is north Ayrshire. I've noticed a lot of scottish families posting too :-)

Hope it all works out and we get enough interest :wubclub:

Bye for now..Carol Ann

Guest LOOBYLOO

We're free to meet in September (apart from packing!!). We're in Fife but prepared to travel. Need to confirm date and place of meet. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi & Carol-Ann & Linda why don't we go for the 27th September. Perhaps a venue in Glasgow just off Motorway (perhaps Xscape) would be central for most people.

Carol-Ann - i'm down in Largs most weekends, PM me you mobile and we can arrange to meet for a coffee if you fancy.

Moira

Guest rockpool crab
Hi & Carol-Ann & Linda why don't we go for the 27th September. Perhaps a venue in Glasgow just off Motorway (perhaps Xscape) would be central for most people.

Carol-Ann - i'm down in Largs most weekends, PM me you mobile and we can arrange to meet for a coffee if you fancy.

Moira

That sounds good to me..27th September. Glasgow is also fine, will happily go anywhere.

Brill re Largs..I'll PM you in a mo with moby... :)

Catch you later... Carol Ann

Hi Moira, as always Keith and I will be there on the 27th unless the visa comes this week :arghh:

No internet when we move tomorrow ,apart from when i'm at work and i can grap a few minutes but will give you a phone this week.

Hope all is well

Karen :wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rockpool crab
Hi Moira, as always Keith and I will be there on the 27th unless the visa comes this week :arghh:

No internet when we move tomorrow ,apart from when i'm at work and i can grap a few minutes but will give you a phone this week.

Hope all is well

Karen :wubclub:

Hi..

Hope this is still on..are we bringing kids? my two are 16 and 12..two boys...just wondering..no problem if we're not, but would like to know and I'll organise accordingly. Is it still "Xscape"....I've never been there. Been to Braehead....erm..a lot..lol.

See you all on 27th...Carol Ann and Andy

Guest rockpool crab
I'd posted the wrong date on the previous Glasgow Get together thread, it's definately the Saturday 27th.

just looking for final no's now if you don't mind getting back to me.

Moira

Hi there,

Count myself and Andrew in for Saturday 27th. I've never been to escape but folks at work here saying the Sno bar is good ..you can watch folk skiing whilst having a wee swallae. Just need a time now...what about 2pm?

Really looking forward to it.

Cheers for now.. Carol Ann .. x

I thought this might be an option:- We'd be okay with 2.00 - don't know if others would prefer evening. Let us know

You are here: Home > Braehead > What's Inside > Drink & Dine > Lord of the Isles

Lord of the Isles

lloyds-logo.GIF

Since opening our first pub in 1979, J D Wetherspoon has become one of the UK’s most popular and successful high-street free houses. By delivering consistently high-quality service in food and drink, we now have over 695 pubs across the UK. From day one, we have been committed to offering a friendly and comfortable drinking atmosphere, with good-quality, great-value food, served all day.

Our food menus offer an enticing mix of traditional British meals, along with popular and innovative international dishes. We are proudly and strongly committed to regional tastes and produce: beers from provincial brewers, local dishes using locally sourced ingredients, particularly in Scotland and Wales, and even regional spirits. We also have a superb range of global beer, high-quality wine and one of the widest choices of ciders and perries.

So, if you fancy a good pint, a tasty curry or meal out with the family, we hope that you will enjoy the Wetherspoon experience.

Grill Club: A treat for Tuesday – every Tuesday 3–10pm

Curry Club: Have a spicy night out – every Thursday 3–10pm

Sunday Club: Keep Sunday special – every Sunday 3–9pm

We also have a children’s menu, a gluten-free menu and a Braille menu available.

Food is served daily: 9am–10pm

Where are we located?

Lord of the Isles is now open and located at Unit 21, just ouside the main entrance to Xscape.

Contact us

Tel: 0141 886 8930

www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk

• 1 month later...
Guest grouse n' ice

Hi there,

My wife and I moved here (Adelaide) two years ago from Scotland. From Ardrossan of all places The Mathiesons!!! I'm from Kilwinning but my wife is from Burns Terrace. You can PM me if you want to work out if you know her :-)

Anyway, I'd always heard of this site but never got round to checking it out until now.

Basically, if anyone needs any help getting on their feet when they arrive in Adelaide, or any information before they come then just give us a shout. Things were pretty easy and straight forward for us but if you have any concerns we'll try to help as best we can.

We've just had our first wee baby eleven weeks ago (Declan) so we've produced our own wee Aussie!!!!

Good luck everyone, you'll love it.

Hi there' date='

My wife and I moved here (Adelaide) two years ago from Scotland. From Ardrossan of all places The Mathiesons!!! I'm from Kilwinning but my wife is from Burns Terrace. You can PM me if you want to work out if you know her :-)

Anyway, I'd always heard of this site but never got round to checking it out until now.

Basically, if anyone needs any help getting on their feet when they arrive in Adelaide, or any information before they come then just give us a shout. Things were pretty easy and straight forward for us but if you have any concerns we'll try to help as best we can.

We've just had our first wee baby eleven weeks ago (Declan) so we've produced our own wee Aussie!!!!

Good luck everyone, you'll love it.[/quote']

hi lovely to hear from you, and great that you and your wife have started your own Aussie clan. You'll have to let me know your wife's and your name, my husband is a Stevenston Mathieson & i'm from Irvine, though he has a couple of Mathieson cousins he golfs with.

take care and thanks for the offer of help.

Moira