meet up in manchester

Guest paula yiatrou

Guest paula yiatrou

hi all, we are a family of four paula 37, andrew 43, alex 9, lillie 4 we have held our permanent residency visa since feb 08, but are just not having any luck selling our house. as soon as our house sells we should be off, but we would like to meet up with any other familys going to adelaide, to make some friends before we go. we are just outside manchester if any familys fancy meeting up reply and we could get something sorted :wubclub:

hi all, we are a family of four paula 37, andrew 43, alex 9, lillie 4 we have held our permanent residency visa since feb 08, but are just not having any luck selling our house. as soon as our house sells we should be off, but we would like to meet up with any other familys going to adelaide, to make some friends before we go. we are just outside manchester if any familys fancy meeting up reply and we could get something sorted :wubclub:

Hi Paula and family

I thought we would just say hello. We live in Lancashire, nearest town is Chorley.

We only have 5.5 weeks to go now and so much yet to do and people to say goodbye to. It wont be possible to meet up but can always stay in touch.

I know how frustrating it must be for you not selling your house.

All the best

Carole n Andrew

Guest thebaddeleys
Hi Paula and family

I thought we would just say hello. We live in Lancashire, nearest town is Chorley.

We only have 5.5 weeks to go now and so much yet to do and people to say goodbye to. It wont be possible to meet up but can always stay in touch.

I know how frustrating it must be for you not selling your house.

All the best

Carole n Andrew

Hi carole,

We'd really like to make friends with you guys as we live near chorley too (Euxton), but i don't use AIM so i was unabel to send you a message to say hello! we go at the end of october (me, my husband and two young children), we can't wait!!!!!

Kerry, chris, Tom and Chloe:)

Hi carole,

We'd really like to make friends with you guys as we live near chorley too (Euxton), but i don't use AIM so i was unabel to send you a message to say hello! we go at the end of october (me, my husband and two young children), we can't wait!!!!!

Kerry, chris, Tom and Chloe:)

oh my word... we live in Euxton too, near Papa Luigis. Where are you? have you got your house sold?

Small world

Carole n Andrew:jiggy:

Guest paula yiatrou

hi sue & family, was nice of you to post back,if you have done a meet up before you could give us some tips! what sort of place did you meet up at ? & did your children go ? we would like to take ours so they make some friends too. how far through the whole process are you ? paula andrew alex & lillie x

Guest paula yiatrou

hi rob mel & family, thanks for posting back, you are not that far from us, we are rochdale. this is the worst part of the process, we put our application in in aug 07 & despite phoning our agent every week we got a letter in jan saying that emigration were really backlogged so if we wanted to do our medicals & crb , send them off & it may speed up the process. they were sent beginning of feb & we got a call from our agent 28th feb to say our application had been approved. so it may feel like nothing is happening for ages but then your finished really quick !!. i dont know how far you are down the process but it will be worth the wait!! we really didnt expect to still be here now we thought we would be well on our way, but now we are having to look for tickets to validate our visas. any questions you have i will do my best to help regards paula andrew alex & lillie x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi Paula and family,

Feel like i'm joining the Chorley crew here, just thought i'd say hello and welcome. Haven't got a family yet. I think were the only couple on the site without one, Ha! This a great site and i'm sure you will make lots of friends on here. We won't be going for a good few months as we are only at the early stages but stay in touch and good luck with the house.

Jo and Tom

Guest paula yiatrou

hi jo & tom, we are also new on here so we are also trying to find a family, so its not just you! im still trying to figure out how to use the site, i have to admit im not very computer friendly ( i feel like i belong in the dark ages!!) im good at surfin to shop though! .

how far down the process are you? it would be lovely to find friends over here to take with us , as i have lots of lovely friends here & i know im really going to miss them all.do you have any children we have 2 alex 9 & lillie 4. im going to close now as im begining to sound really desparate!! would be nice to stay in touch paula

Hi Paula and family,

Feel like i'm joining the Chorley crew here, just thought i'd say hello and welcome. Haven't got a family yet. I think were the only couple on the site without one, Ha! This a great site and i'm sure you will make lots of friends on here. We won't be going for a good few months as we are only at the early stages but stay in touch and good luck with the house.

Jo and Tom

:biglaugh: yeah , there does seem to be a few of us from Chorley area... whats going on!!

How you doing Jo, are you any closer yet and are you still thinking Adelaide or maybe Perth

Carole

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hia Carole

Ye going to Adelaide because of the Visa, as it's a State sponsered but leaving our options open for the future who knows? See your of soon, how exciting hope everything works out for you i'm sure it will, stay in touch.

Jo and Tom x

Hi Paula and Andrew

What a great idea. We live not far from you near Oldham. We are in the early process of our visa but would love to meet up and exchange ideas etc providing we can get a sitter. We would not be bringing our children at this stage because we haven't told them about the move yet or family members for that matter. Keep us posted.

Alison x