City - Bay Fun Run 12k

Guest Richard & Amanda

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

Just wondered if anybody else was mad enough to sign up for this?

If so look out for me, I will be WALKING not running the 12k.

Hope to meet some of you along the way, I will be the one gasping for oxygen at the end, unable to walk because of blisters :biglaugh:

Take care Amanda

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately I'm still in the UK so can't make it this year. Have walked it in the past though. No problems with blisters but I did have a funny gait for several days afterwards as the muscles in your bottom get really stiff from all the exercise. Great for toning up the wobbly bits! It's really good fun though. Hope you enjoy it.

Richard is doing this, hoping to break the hour mark but after a day of intensive gardening he may struggle!!! There is meant to be over 20,000 people running so I expect that there will be lots of people running, walking or staggering...good luck to you and have fun, I have in a moment of weakness agreed to do a couple of triathlons this year so I expect I will be posting later in the year about my aches and pains!!!

Guest Richard & Amanda

Yeah I completed it!

Set off at 8.22 this morning from the city and strolled into Glenelg at a respectable 10.42. That included a toilet stop along the way too!

I am really chuffed. I am considering running the 6k next year - break myself in gently.

Better start the training now!!!!

The atmosphere was really good and Glenelg was buzzing with people.

Feet feel ok at the moment, tomorrow might be slightly different though.

:biglaugh:

Guest Aussie pat
Yeah I completed it!

Set off at 8.22 this morning from the city and strolled into Glenelg at a respectable 10.42. That included a toilet stop along the way too!

I am really chuffed. I am considering running the 6k next year - break myself in gently.

Better start the training now!!!!

The atmosphere was really good and Glenelg was buzzing with people.

Feet feel ok at the moment, tomorrow might be slightly different though.

:biglaugh:

Congratulations Amanda, could be the start of bigger things!