Scots in adelaide

Guest grantanddebs

Guest grantanddebs

Hi there, are there lots of scots in adelaide??? we are arriving next week!! been away from scotland from 4yrs now and it would be good to meet up with a few over there!!!

i am originally from Brechin/Montrose.

get in touch, cheers, Grant :jiggy:

Guest grantanddebs

oh cool, hi there!! cant wait to get there! where in NZ were you? i was in christchurch for 3yrs.

so youve just arrived. whats youre first impressions???

Guest Lee and Claire

We arrive next week too, we are from Fife. It would be good to meet some fellow Scots.

(Grant, my hubbie MrG175 replied to you on a thread on another forum)

Hi there, we are from Airdrie then stayed in Carnbroe for a year in a rental after selling our house before moving to Hallett Cove!

There are a few scottish families within Hallett Cove that I am friendly with amongst others from other places, ie london, birmingham, wales, brighton, australia, yorkshire but to name a few!

Feel free to PM me and we can get something organised.

Hameldaeme x

Cx

Hi Grant n Debs,

We lived in Auckland for just over 2 years and before that in the Hokianga but just for a few months. How'd you enjoy NZ?? Its a lovely place but Auckland just not for us really. Our first impressions of Adelaide have been very good. The city is just lovely though we havent really spent that long there (just been a bit hectic trying to get a longer term rental). There seem to be a lot of nice places here and its difficult to decide where to settle. Plus the weather is fab, our night time temps are the same as the highs in Auckland!!

Where are u in Canada?? My sis lives in Calgary?? Very cold there!!! Anyway, hope to see you guys when you get here.

Gill & Jamie

Guest grantanddebs

hi gill and jamie. we were in christchurch and thats where my partner is from. is was a nice place but found it really hard to settle down there and get friends etc....

we are in halifax, nova scotia just now. adelaide was our original plan , but we got the chance of canada and thought we would give it a bash, but its not for us, so heading to oz!!!! luckily got a 5yr visa through debs being a kiwi!!!

be good to meet up when we are there. i will contact you guys for sure and we can meet up.

just got to get this 32 hour flight out the way from canada!!!!:goofy:

roll on next thu!!!!

Hi Grant n Debs,

We lived in Auckland for just over 2 years and before that in the Hokianga but just for a few months. How'd you enjoy NZ?? Its a lovely place but Auckland just not for us really. Our first impressions of Adelaide have been very good. The city is just lovely though we havent really spent that long there (just been a bit hectic trying to get a longer term rental). There seem to be a lot of nice places here and its difficult to decide where to settle. Plus the weather is fab, our night time temps are the same as the highs in Auckland!!

Where are u in Canada?? My sis lives in Calgary?? Very cold there!!! Anyway, hope to see you guys when you get here.

Gill & Jamie

Hi Gill and Jamie

Glad to see that you made it to Adelaide - hope you are settling in ok. Last time we spoke on here you were trying to sell your house (I assume you did in the end) and were organising sending over your moggy. Did you bring your cat - hope the/she arrived ok. We are still here in NZ but would prefer to be in Adelaide! We are coming on a visit in January though so cant wait. Our daughter and son in law are now settled in Glenelg and they love it. Take care and good luck with getting jobs, rentals etc.

Mariane and Cliff

Hi there, are there lots of scots in adelaide??? we are arriving next week!! been away from scotland from 4yrs now and it would be good to meet up with a few over there!!!

Hi Grant and DEbs

Good luck with your move to Adelaide - hope things work out for you there. We are still in NZ (just north of Wellington) but plan to move to Adelaide when I get citizenship. OH is a kiwi but I just dont fancy going over on the 5 year visa, although I know its a reasonable one. There are a few people on here moving to Oz from NZ - as you say its a lovely place but not for everyone. There seem to be more opportunities in Oz - and def warmer than Christchurch in the winter!

best wishes

Mariane and Cliff

Guest grantanddebs

hi marianne and cliff,

thanks for your msg. yes, there seems to be lots of people in NZ making the move. cant blame them!!

adelaide has always been our choice for ozzie, so we cant wait. i have nz residency, but could wait to get citizenship, just had to go!!!!

when you know when youre going, you will have to let us know!! will keep you informed on our progress there.

cheers, Grant and debs;)

Hi Grant,

My Dad had a printing business on the high street in Montrose up until he retired 3 years ago and my brother still lives up there, the world only seems to be getting smaller :-)

See you in Adelaide

Jamie & Gill

Hi Grant

I am originally from outside Glasgow in a place called Johnstone and my wife is from Bonnyrigg in Edinburgh, we lived in Newtongrange Edinburgh for the last 2 years before settling in Glenelg.

We know quite a few scottish families that live around Glenelg, so you should feel quite at home when you get here.

Cheers

Derek & Jak

Guest grantanddebs

hi derek and jak,

seems to be quite a lot of scots there for sure. cant believe how many people are heading over there as well. seems to be a popular choice for the brits!

grant and debs

Hey

myself and hubby are from ayrshire and have been out here for 10 months, havent managed to get together with any of the PIA bunch yet but cant believ from this post how many Scots there are... You looking forward to your move to Adealide, it is such a nice place and have a frioendly bunch of people here, we love it.

Keep in touch Jo xx

Guest grouse n' ice

Hey people my wife and I have been in Adelaide since 2006. Living in Henley Beach. Just had a wee bairn three months ago. Would be happy to meet up for a beer or chat. Originally from Kilwinning and Ardrossan in Ayrshire. Good luck.