Surf Life Saving Clubs.

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:)Well a good place to start for any new arrivals would be the Surf Life Saving clubs.Most have just started in the past 2 weeks. We have just come back from our first day at the beach where the kids /family have joined the surf life saving, what a great atmosphere, loads of other familys great fun for the kids and better than just sitting on the beach. Then we popped into the bar we're introduced to the club captian and made to feel very welcome.....would recommend it heaps for a great place to get amoungst the ozzy lifestyle:jiggy:. We payed $250.00 for the family for the year thats 2 hours every Saturday arvo, 1 hours swimming in the week and when they reach a certain swim fitness 2 sessions weekly board skills.....bargain.

Great family fun

Which one have you joined?

My boy and I went down to Seacliff today and had a look at the Tiny Tots. We plan to join in next weekend as you get 2 "Try it" sessions before you have to join.

I think its such a great thing for kids to get into, plus the club house looks pretty good for the adults too! :confused:;)

Judi x

Yes I would agree that Surf Clubs are a great place for the kids. They learn lots of beach activities, swimming, running, board riding. There's Nippers (from age 7 ish) then Juniors, then Cadets. You can also learn First Aid, Resuss, water survival skills, radio communications, IRB (inflatable rescue), surf boats, surf skis - the list is endless. There's plenty to do for all ages, even pensioners can join in. People can help out running the bar, cooking in the kitchen (if they do meals). My husband's family have been involved with Grange Surf Club for over 30 years and it is a big part of their life. They've met lots of people and made lots of friends of all ages. It's a good atmosphere and allows parents to relax and have a drink at the bar whilst the kids are joining in the activities.

see http://www.surfrescue.com.au

Guest donna T

We are off to Port Noarlunga tomorrow morning for our first try out - can't wait. Just think - all those fit men in lycra - oh hang on, it's Josh we're going for :biglaugh:- great for the kids, and Izzy can dig some sandcastles while Josh learns.

Donna x

That sounds brill, we are up for a bit of that.

Will have to check out times for us all next weekend.

Judi, do you have any contact details for Seacliff as this would be closer for us too, the kids would love it.

Thanks Gra & Jac for putting this post on.

Cornelia, It starts at 1.30pm, kids must bring bathers, rashy, wide brimmed hat (but one is also provided) sunscreen, goggles (optional) towel and water bottle.

Turn up 15 mins before as you'll need to fill out a consent form. If you want to join (afetr 2 try its) its $100 per child (that includes an adult as the adult has to be a member) and $75 for an extra child.

Next Sat its held in front of the patrol tower (where we meet for walks) but sometimes it'll be in front of the club house further down towards Marino.

We can all go for a drink afterwards at the surf club.......:cute: Wow, I feel I'm in an episode of Home and Away :biglaugh:

Judi x

Guest graandjac

:)The good thing is the kids swimming ability is taken into account no worries, yesterday Owen was asked if he was upto the 100M.....!!!!! sea swim and i couldent believe my eyes to see him 40 yds from shore way out of his depth giving it his best shot, not the quickest in the bunch ......but made me very proud.

Guest xhaylesx

Thanks, sounds like just the thing for my 9 yr old she LOVES the water, but has never had any formal lessons, just being chucked in the deep end by her dad. Sink or swim lol.

Donna has sold it to me.:biglaugh:

Its definitely a great atmosphere. Brad did the whole season at Port Noarlunga last year, he passed 2 tags ready for competing this year but because the training is now Sunday morning & not a Saturday afternoon, he isn't bothered about getting up & out for 9.45 am :err: until 12.

I think Moana have kept to a Saturday.

We have a busy few weeks ahead but I still plan to get him down there one Sunday morning, its great fun :).

Cornelia, It starts at 1.30pm, kids must bring bathers, rashy, wide brimmed hat (but one is also provided) sunscreen, goggles (optional) towel and water bottle.

Turn up 15 mins before as you'll need to fill out a consent form. If you want to join (afetr 2 try its) its $100 per child (that includes an adult as the adult has to be a member) and $75 for an extra child.

Next Sat its held in front of the patrol tower (where we meet for walks) but sometimes it'll be in front of the club house further down towards Marino.

We can all go for a drink afterwards at the surf club.......:cute: Wow, I feel I'm in an episode of Home and Away :biglaugh:

Judi x

Hi Judi,

sorry only just checked this after a few days of being away from the computer.

We will see what we can do for Saturday, depends on how all our heads are from the Friday night.

I'll speak to you Friday and get something sorted.

Cx