Heavy metal music fans or clubs in Adelaide

Guest woolmerdj

Hi,

I opened a similar thread last week on the out and about section re Gigs. I'm a different age group to you guys (40) but also like metal amongst other stuff. I haven't had any replies on here so far. I am a student (you're never too old to learn I reckon) at UniSA and will ask some 18-19 year old mates there for you. I know 2 of them are into metal and I think one plays in a band. Hopefully they can suggest some venues suitable for your age group.

Neil.

Hi,

I opened a similar thread last week on the out and about section re Gigs. I'm a different age group to you guys (40) but also like metal amongst other stuff. I haven't had any replies on here so far. I am a student (you're never too old to learn I reckon) at UniSA and will ask some 18-19 year old mates there for you. I know 2 of them are into metal and I think one plays in a band. Hopefully they can suggest some venues suitable for your age group.

Neil.

Mate, there are a few of us oldies still going...i'm 46 and went to see Slipknot last

week.......and enjoyed every ear shattering moment!!!!:arghh:

Simon

Guest Tracijbc
Mate, there are a few of us oldies still going...i'm 46 and went to see Slipknot last

week.......and enjoyed every ear shattering moment!!!!:arghh:

Simon

YEAY!! At last! Some people with good taste in music! We have been struggling with all the chart based wine bars we've found so far....not that I don't enjoy a good old girlie night out, but I miss Rock City in Nottingham. We are also leaning towards the "more mature" end of the spectrum! Are there any decent rock places to go here, without having to wait for bands to come and having to pay to go to gigs?

Maybe we should organise a rock/metal fans meet up?

:cool:

Traci x

i suggest that you pick up or log onto the ripit.com.au website or dbmagazine website to check out what is going on locally, also big star records on rundle street and the parade are good sources for info

adelaide has one of the best heavy rock bands in existence - the mark of cain, check out there back catalogue and play loud - ill at ease is great, alot produced by henry rollins

gotta laugh but jimmy barnes was raised in elizabeth!!! for all you northerners

Hi there,

my OH is a rock fiend! He regularly went to Rock City for Firefest or Gods gigs over the past 10 years.

We had to make room in the container for all his cd's and albums as he couldn't bear to part with them.

Tyketto, FM, Magnum, Journey, Tesla, AOR.......to name but a few!!!!

He would certainly be up for a rock meet up as he really misses this side of things.

He normally is not interested in PIA, just gets snippets of info from me but he certainly listened to me this time!!

Guest Guest75
Hi there,

my OH is a rock fiend! He regularly went to Rock City for Firefest or Gods gigs over the past 10 years.

We had to make room in the container for all his cd's and albums as he couldn't bear to part with them.

Tyketto, FM, Magnum, Journey, Tesla, AOR.......to name but a few!!!!

!

Tyketto?????

I have a heavy metal band now?????

I didn't realisae I had that many fingers in that many pies:biglaugh:

Or do I sue them for using my name:)

band_quer_x200.jpg

OK Tyke - which one is you? Was wondering what you look like???

4_1_213.gif

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=undefined

Thought that was very funny, it made me laugh out loud and at 7.30am and not finished my coffee yet, that's an amazing thing!!!

Firefest just over in the UK and OH devastated that he missed it! He is just having to go onto Youtube.com to get his fill of what would have been an another amazing evening!

Guest Guest75
Blimey this is taking me back, great bands. Now you're making me feel old!! ;)

You said it !!!

(Tyke ducks swiftly ,narrowly avoid a resounding thwack around the earole'):goofy::biglaugh:

Yep I went through all the lp's - could have been Hanoi Rocks, Tiger Tailz, White Lion, Pretty Boy Floyd - so many to mention!!

But I very sadly have an LP - its King Kobra - perfect example that glam rock and facial hair shouldn't happen!!! Should have got it sooner. Good one. :notworthy: