I can't stand the pace...

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

My beloved other half had been complaining earlier yesterday that he could not find his keys (need to set the scene here). He went out with some friends last night, and being a conscientious caring sort of wifey I thought I'd wait up as he didn't have his keys. Once I am asleep I am a zombie and very little will wake me so the thought of my beloved sleeping in the car, which was the alternative, was not a prospect that I thought he would look forward to.:nah:

So I waited and waited and found the satellite TV is even more cr*p during the night than it is during the day! I washed my hair at 3am this morning to keep me awake and drank water/ tea and hot chocolate in vast quanitities. Huge mistake...Everytime I had a hot choc it was becaused I was convinced he was 5mins away from coming home. I had 3 in two hours...

Anyway, I texted a friend of his (OH has not worked out that a phone needs to be mobile in order to be a mobile phone and usually leaves it in the car or by the kettle which is exactly what happened yesterday) to say that the car was beckoning him as I was going to bed. He was 15mins away he pleaded, please wait up. Fine. 4am, 4am, that is what time he got back, pushing the limits of wifely concern all the way, waking the dog up who barked as if his life depended on it.

Unfortunately while he was snoring within 5 mins,:SLEEP: it took me until 5.30am to be able to sleep because I had to visit the bathroom because of all the drinks I had. Where my hair was still damp before sleeping, it is messed up now. I look like Don King.

And now, now he tells me, he had his keys yesterday anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

If its any consolation Libby - mine woke me up at 4 am trying to get the keys in the door and then proceeded to tell me about his night out - yawn - yawn!!!!!!!!!! As if I cared!!!!!!!

Got my own back - woke him up at 8!!!!!!

Middle aged men!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash got home & through the front door to be welcomed by Max barking very loudly, but boy it was late..........all I can say girlies is we HAVE to get our own back on your hen night Lib......;) !!.

Like Nick, kids up early woken by thunder & lightening (amazing), Max jumping all over the bed & me pottering about as usual but this time with PLENTY of noise !!

I cannot believe Bob had his keys on him after all that...........I hope he remembers the rings on the day or is that the Best Man's job :unsure:.

Guest caroline&paul

maybe you should tie his keys on a piece of string to his trousers as bob suggested that we make it a regular night out every month!!!!!

can't wait for the next one

Paul

Guest Libby1971

Monthly...so I heard!! Graciously, the men have decided that the women can also be offered one. Cavemen of the world unite!!

He might change his mind once he sees the state I can get into after 3, yes 3 vimtos!!!

Guest caoimhe
all I can say girlies is we HAVE to get our own back on your hen night Lib......;) !!.

I cannot believe Bob had his keys on him after all that...........I hope he remembers the rings on the day or is that the Best Man's job :unsure:.

Have I missed some important piece of info...... Is someone getting married:err::confused:

Guest deb and stoo

Yo Dudes

Well as the newly appointed 'best man' (thanks Bob I'm truly honoured):notworthy: I'd like to take full responsibility for the lateness of our arrival back in the Southern Suburbs and all I will say in our defence was the queue for a six man cab outside Sky City was enormus:D.

I hope all the 'boys' and especially Bob had a great evening, between us we managed to see quite a few bars on Rundle Mall, appologies to Bob and Paul for the Hoegarden beer in the Belgium Bar, I really like it and reminds me of pub crawls around London Village, and thought Bob's peformance on the bucking bull in the Woolshed was amazing and unlike all the girls on it, did'nt show his knickers;) (I have video evidence on my phone if anyone would like to see, Bob's not the girls).

Unlike most I had to go to work Sunday and felt like death all day so am sure that will cheer all the ladies up, lets just hope you have as good a time as we did and lets see if you can all stay out past five without calling us worried hubbies :realmad:

Guest caroline&paul

Stoo,

Hope your feeling better after Sunday, no need to appologies for the Hoegarden beer, as you more than made up for it when you took us in the Woolshed, and Bob wonderfully entertained us:biglaugh:.

As for taking responsibility for our lateness, we will stand together on that one, as we will on the decision to make this a monthly night out (I hope):skeptical:

Say's us Angela:)

Paul

Guest deb and stoo

Yo Paul dude

Thanks M8 nice to know we'll all be in the s***e together :biglaugh:. Not too sure if it was me that suggested the Woolshed though you're right about Bob entertaining us on that bull, we were watching the video earlier and laughing like drains as he looked for the string to hang onto and then promptly fell off....priceless.

Do like the sound of the monthly outing though but obviously cant give up the Sunday morning golf either :SLEEP:. Talking of which did you guys make it?

:)

Guest caroline&paul

Nobody made it to golf on Sunday not even in the evening as some were suggesting (still in bed), I forgot about the rope, he jumped on the bull and could'nt see the rope coz he was sitting on it, i'm laughing at the memory, fantastic...

Guest deb and stoo

Yo Paul dude

Am thinking maybe fancy dress with a cowboy theme next time, can just imagine young Bob strolling up to the bull, spitting, looking it straight in the eye, jumping on its back and falling straight off the other side :arghh:.

There again he was the only one of us brave enough to do it, i could have stayed there all night watching the girls falling off and showing their finery but you lot just had to drag me off :jiggy:

Guest Libby1971

Far be it for me to knock a bloke when he is down (or off the bull as the case may be) but my dearly beloved is the eldest one of you lot! Young Bob is actually just a little bit vertically challenged.

Guest deb and stoo

Yo Libby dude

As I said your young man was the only one amongst us brave enough to 'mount the bull' so stetsons off to him and may he ever reign as the bull riding champion of Reynella :biglaugh:.

May your hen party be equally fun filled, I of course am offering my services as chauffeur, all part of the best mans duties and what flavour strip-o-gram would you prefer?

:jiggy:

[quote=caroline&paul;57948

Say's us Angela:)

Paul

Hmmm..............monthly yes, why not us girlies can match that any day :)..........perhaps another venue might be more appropriate :biglaugh:!?

Don't you worry, we will have a great night on Saturday (no matter where we go or end up !!!):jiggy:.