most important question ever !

Guest Sion

Right we have been here 3 weeks I am stressing over jobs and where to live pretty normal really.

BUT and i mean a big BUT My wife is in utter turmoil,

where oh where can she buy quorn burgers or quorn sausages.

Bloody veggie she is driving me nuts any help please

Cheers

Sion

:eek:Sorry to disappoint her but you cant get quorn anywhere in oz, i even emailed the company that makes it (sad i know) and they confirmed they do not import it here for some reason...if shes like me im not into tofu so you have to make do.. you can buy some veggie burgers and sausages but i cant stand them....sorry to burst her bubble..you will be amazed what you can do with a big field mushroom on a BBQ..

Jo:wubclub::wubclub:

Tell her to eat Kangaroo instead - it's not really meat....

just mentioned the kangaroo (not a good look)

Thanks for the info Jo by the way my wifes called Jo it must be a veggie thing.

She hates tofu and has tried the veggie burgers and came to the same conclusion .

As for mushrooms touchy subject.

think i will pack her off to the UK she is becoming a whinging pom.

Yep! Speaking as a vegetarian it is a really important question!

There doesn't seem to be the choice you would have had in the UK, but we (my daughter and I, the boys ?..Vegetarians? Nah-uh!) love the burgers made by Eatwell, a Victorian company. You can get them every now and again in the Coles at Marion...Eatwell also do a couple of different types of yummy snags, again Coles, Marion.

Apart from that there are the usual frozen/chilled burgers, sausages, schnitzels, cheese and spinach pasties and some makes of spring rolls. The last two are very acceptable to non-veggie Australians...our friends are so used to them being offered as 'normal' (ie.at carnivore barbies :swoon:) food, they don't even think of them as vegetarian!

We only have one truly vegetarian Australian friend, the rest took a bit of 'educating' which was kinda funny. Your wife can look forward to the usual 'But do you eat fish/chicken/...?" etc. Enjoy!

:wubclub: LC

Mind you, there is an awesome array of non-tested household/personal products on offer, way more than I remember England offering- and they're cheaper too!

Your wife can look forward to the usual 'But do you eat fish/chicken/...?" etc. Enjoy!

:wubclub: LC

:biglaugh: So you get it as well. I remember ordering the one vegetarian dish on a menu in Victor Harbour. When went to tuck in spotted fish, said to the waitress who said 'yeah? so what it's fish not meat!' :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Have you tried the Fry's range? - can be found in the frozen section in Woolworths. They're still not the best but have enjoyed them more than the range beginning with S that seems to be everywhere

Right we have been here 3 weeks I am stressing over jobs and where to live pretty normal really.

BUT and i mean a big BUT My wife is in utter turmoil,

where oh where can she buy quorn burgers or quorn sausages.

Bloody veggie she is driving me nuts any help please

Cheers

Sion

Hi Sion,

I found a veggie hot dog (take away) at the health food store on the Rundle Mall (right hand side as you enter), also a Health Food supply store down the side of Westpac Bank on Gouger Street that seems to sell lots of ingredients, not sure about Quorn though............

Try contacting the Vegetarian Society maybe?

Good Luck

Serena

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Greg and Karen

Hi

Tell your wife I feel her pain! It's good to hear there are some other veggie ex pats out there in Adelaide, I was beginning to suspect I was the only one. I too am struggling with the lack of decent veggie food here, I'm really missing those Linda McCartney pies. There are a few restaurants here worth checking out though - there's a pretty decent one called Vego and Lovin' It on Rundle Street, I also had a nice 'not dog' at a place called Joy Discovery on Bent Street the other day.

Cheers

Karen.