After November success, another meet-up?

Guest kenmcfadyen

Where would you prefer  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer

• Henley Beach
    • Semaphore Beach

Guest kenmcfadyen

The meet-up in November at Henley Beach was a great success. I have been nicely coerced by Swampo to suggest a similar meet-up. The location seemed good and there was a variety of eating places to suit the needs of most!!! If the weather is good we can even have a picnic on the beach.

How about Saturday 3rd of Jan for a date?

Let me know what you all think.

Ken

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Martin and Val
If the weather is good we can even have a picnic on the beach.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Count us in, looking forward to it already. Will try to circulate a bit more this time.

Martin and Val:)

Guest kenmcfadyen

Hi Suzer,

Great idea about a BBQ. Not sure whether there is one at Henley Beach, but will check that out. Probably someone on this forum will know the answer.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Ken

How about making it a beach bbq? Did they have facilities there/a bbq?

What a great idea. Don't think they have BBQ's at Henley Beach but they do have loads at Semaphore Beach which is just a bit further north. There is also a waterpark, small fair and loads of grassy areas or the kids to kick a ball around or for Ken to organise rounders??? Have a look on Google Earth, maps. Would have to be specific about meeting point though as there is quite a big area of grass, BBQ's and picnic tables around.

Keep us posted. And, well done Ken for taking up the mantle!!!!

Hi Ken,

Count us in, looking forward to it already. Will try to circulate a bit more this time.

Martin and Val:)

Agree, will try to circulate a bot more. Martin, if there is lemonade available you will 'circulate' quite well!! LOL

Guest EHumphreys

Hi, we would love to meet all of you, we live in Aberfoyle Park but my brother, wife and kids have just moved to Henley Beach. Unfortunately we're all away camping in Victor Harbour that weekend, so we will definitely try and make the next meet. x

Guest kenmcfadyen

Hi All,

Have wondered about Semaphore - how far is this from Henley Beach? What do others think about going to Semaphore instead of Henley? I've never been there before, but I hadn't been to Henley until our last meet either. It makes little difference to me where we are meeting, so we could get the opinion of the others who will come and then decide. Perhaps we could have the moderators set up a vote system?

Ken

Guest Martin and Val

Semaphore is about ten mins drive further up the coast than Henley coming from the south direction that is.

Nice place we live there!

Take a look at this web site that Swamp found the other day and forwarded to us:

http://www.portenf.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=1216&c=25069

AND

http://semaphoresa.com/walkabout/

Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val

Pete, has kindly set up a poll for this thread. Henley beach or Semaphore.

It can be found on the home page right hand side titled "Where would you prefer"

Many thanks Pete

All the best

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
:nah: 'fraid not as again Tracey is working that weekend:(

You could always bring the children along Pete, I think many others are. After all Val is taking me! :biglaugh:

Guest colette
The meet-up in November at Henley Beach was a great success. I have been nicely coerced by Swampo to suggest a similar meet-up. The location seemed good and there was a variety of eating places to suit the needs of most!!! If the weather is good we can even have a picnic on the beach.

Ken

Chris and I would also like to attend.