Playgroups near CBD

Guest Melian

Does anyone know of or take their children to a playgroup/kids club in or near the CBD. We have twin boys (22 months old) and arrive on the 27th. My employer has put us in accommodation for the first 3 months in the CBD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Sorry should have said. We don't have an exact address yet but I'm expecting us to be just off Rundle street opposite the Exeter Hotel. This is where my future employer put me for six weeks last year so am anticipating being there as he owns several apartments in this area. If you could recommend the four playgroups that would be great as were obviously going to be on the east side of the city if were put in the apartments I expect.

Thanks

Ian

Ok, so the ones I know are:

Monday at St Johns Church, Marlborough Street, Highgate. Runs 9.15-11.15 mainly associated with the school (St Johns Luteran in Highgate), people very friendly run by Bronwyn.

Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30-11.30 at Unley Uniting Church, corner of Northgate Street, great outdoor space, run by a couple of older ladies called Marlene and Glenda who would do anything for anyone and there are a couple of other English families there-good when you're feeling a bit homesick etc.

Thursday 10-12, Malvern Church, Marlborough Street, run by 2 gorgeous ladies called Sheila and Suzanne and great morning tea so no good for the waistline!

All are pretty inclusive, the Tues and Wed one is a playgroup SA one so can join if you wish or pay as you go, others are a gold coin donation and an offer of a cake etc.

Aelaide Child has lots of ideas (free magazine) and try the playgroupSA website.

Hope that's been helpful, don't be put off that they are held at churches, this is the usual meeting place but no expectations of anyone...these groups were an absolute lifeline for me when I arrived 18 months ago. Also have a look at KindyGym in Unley, storytime in both Unley and Burnside libraries and I'm sure other people will have ideas too...

Joanne