"The Flaming Galahs"

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

The Flaming Galahs JPEG.jpgRight here we go....Chairman/lady as nominated by Pete...........Graham & Jacqui (graandjac)

Secretary................................................Ian B

Social secretary.......................................Pete (Django)

Competition secretary/slab gatherer..........Stoo/(Deb & Stoo)

Wine selection/tasteing secretary..............Deb

Members to date....Aussie Bound......The Ashtons.....Donna T.....The Monaghans..... shoot me if i have forgotten anyone new members welcome

Cheers Graham

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flaming Galahs JPEG.jpgRight here we go....Chairman/lady as nominated by Pete...........Graham & Jacqui (graandjac)

Members to date....Aussie Bound......The Ashtons.....Donna T.....The Monaghans..... shoot me if i have forgotten anyone new members welcome

Cheers Graham

All thats needed is a handicaps secretary to make sure the "bandits" get cut!!:rolleyes:

Guest Django

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

I've been playing around on 'paint' working out a logo. Great minds and all that. Hadn't got as far as words and stuff but the gallah is nearly done. Here's as far as I got.

Pete

Guest graandjac

was looking up the meaning of flaming galaha and it is not looking good....................................... basically means bloody idiot fits most of us then...lol

Cheers Graham

Hope this picture comes out, i think this is very Apt for the society!!

( fingers crossed xxx)

[ATTACH]7[/ATTACH]

Guest Django

Nice one Ian.

I reckon we should arrange a round or two before people leave. Perhaps we could sort out a course somewhere in the middle. Wet the Flaming Galah's head so to speak. ;)

Pete

Nice one Ian.

I reckon we should arrange a round or two before people leave. Perhaps we could sort out a course somewhere in the middle. Wet the Flaming Galah's head so to speak. ;)

Pete

Pete,

The or two sounds good to me, I am sure Graham and me would be up for at least a three ball somewhere in between.

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Fantastic work by all....well done and like to see the Gallah with flames comming out of the back though sure there's laws to stop you doing it to a real one :D.

Deb very kean to start in her role and is making a special trip to Sains tommorrow to pick out as many SA wines as she can carry.....might be some hours before you get the results :).

I think Wi golf is something to be enjoyed after the real golf has finished and the drinking has begun,just have to make sure the 'Playroom' is big enough to accomadate the wilder of the 'lady swings' :D

I had an idea thats what 'Flamin Gallah' meant so yes quite appropriate for us 'New Poms in Ad'

The thought of getting there even more exciting now !!

:)

Yo dudes

Fantastic work by all....well done and like to see the Gallah with flames comming out of the back though sure there's laws to stop you doing it to a real one :D.

Deb very kean to start in her role and is making a special trip to Sains tommorrow to pick out as many SA wines as she can carry.....might be some hours before you get the results :).

I think Wi golf is something to be enjoyed after the real golf has finished and the drinking has begun,just have to make sure the 'Playroom' is big enough to accomadate the wilder of the 'lady swings' :D

I had an idea thats what 'Flamin Gallah' meant so yes quite appropriate for us 'New Poms in Ad'

The thought of getting there even more exciting now !!

:)

Deb and Stoo,

As you are one of the first to get there you need to carry out the testing of local establishments in your role as competition secretary!

Guest graandjac

:psounds great idea pete but just to warn you ian is good so iam told...

Hi stoo and deb hope that nomination was ok deb sound just the girl for the job and you must be a founder member for comming up with such a great name..

:psounds great idea pete but just to warn you ian is good so iam told...

Hi stoo and deb hope that nomination was ok deb sound just the girl for the job and you must be a founder member for comming up with such a great name..

Dont believe evrything you hear!

I thought you was asking my age when you asked my hanicap!

Guest Django

I ain't scared as my handicap is hitting the ball. I don't play to win as I know I can't. I play coz I enjoy the walk the game and the company. Not nescessarily in that order.:D I'm looking at you guys showing me how to improve so I can give you a good game in a couple of years.;)

Pete

Guest graandjac

i think i will get some membership card done with a difference a bit like (ian will know) in hastings there is a winkle club and you must carry your winkle around at all times(dont laugh) but when you meet another member you must produce your ...well you get it or there is a forefit , so the same with the flaming galahs your membership card must be with you at all times and must be produced when requested or the beers on you;)

Guest Django
i think i will get some membership card done with a difference a bit like (ian will know) in hastings there is a winkle club and you must carry your winkle around at all times(dont laugh) but when you meet another member you must produce your ...well you get it or there is a forefit , so the same with the flaming galahs your membership card must be with you at all times and must be produced when requested or the beers on you;)

I like that idea. It reminds me of a certain 'buffalo club'. Nothing to do with buffaloes though. Members had to drink with their unfavoured hand. ie if you were right handed you had to drink with your left hand. If another 'buffalo' caught you drinking with your right hand then they would shout "BUFFALO" and you had to finish your current drink in one and buy another round.

Happy days.

Pete

Graham,

" you will make Hastings sound worse than it already is now, hard i know! (not everybody carries their winkles about!)

Will have to think hard about hat to carry round

a) strimmer for the rough!

b) floating golf ball for the water!

c) bucket for the sand!

d)axe for the trees

e) and a heart monitor in case it goes in!:eek: