New arrivals

Guest Kernowspy

Guest Kernowspy

We will be arriving in Adelaide on the 6th April 2009 with our 17 month old daughter and we are keen to meet up with other ex-pats if there are any social events going on in the next couple of months. My partner is particularly interested in any mother baby/toddler groups as I will be starting work on the 14th April and she will be on her own during the day. We will be in North Adelaide for the first 6 weeks after that we are not yet sure. Any advise on baby groups would be great.:err:

Guest Bernie

Good thinking, it can be lonely once your partner heads out to work.

Here's a link to mother's groups in Adelaide. http://social.kidspot.com.au/group.php?group_id=415

North Adelaide is lovely, lots of green spaces, a nice little leisure centre/swimming pool (might be something on there?) and lovely walks, even into the city.

Good luck with the move.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Allybinoz42

Hi,

I also have a 17 mth old, I have lived in Adelaide for 7 years now but I am interested in trying to find a playgroup with other UK mums.

I am also part of a mother's group/playgroup with about 10 others who are Australian/Irish and have kids all of the same age. We meet on a Mon and Wed monthly, it is about 5km south of the CBD. You are more than welcome! Email me for details.

Otherwise there are a number of other options: Kindergym is a gym based play sessions that are all over town.

Libraries do free sessions for babies.

and then there is Playgroup SA that should have playgroups in your area.

• 3 months later...
Guest Konyvesfamily

Hi, I know this post is a few months old now but we have just arrived and I would love to meet up with other mums. We're moving into a house in North Adelaide in a couple of weeks and I'd also be interested to know of any toddler groups in the area. I have one boy who is nearly 23 months. It would be great to find some playmates for him (and some adult company for me too!)

Guest Allybinoz42

Hi,

If you can find a Kindergym, near you, they are well run activities based sessions. http://gymsa.com.au/ga/clubsearch.asp?Action=PostSearch

Playgroup SA also have groups all over Adelaide.

North Adelaide is the Islington of the area so it is lovely with lots of restaurants etc.

Most people do live out in the burbs north or south and tend to go to playgroups/ mums and baby groups in their suburb.

• 1 month later...
Guest nix2003fly

Hi There, I am also new and hopefully living in Mitcham (find out if we have been accepted for the house tommorow). I have a 15 month old girl and another due in december. I am from Norfolk originaly and have been part of an NCT group, basically a small group of us used to just meet up and each others houses for coffee a couple of days a week, so we could try and organise something like that. I am very keen to meet other uk mums as I lived here before and really missed the sense of humour and other people to talk to that are far from home. please let me know if you have found anything I could join in with or if you would like to do the coffee thing.

Thanks, Nicky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've been in Adelaide for a year now (originally from London) and am expecting my first baby in two weeks! I'm keen to meet up with other mums - it's quite lonely at the moment and due to my husband's work commitments we had to do our antenatal class in one day. Also, I don't drive (although am hoping to take the test after the baby's born) so that doesn't help in getting out and about and meeting people.

Anyway, it would be great to make contact with other mums and those new to Adelaide.

Guest Allybinoz42

Where do you live?

Perhaps we could start up a mums and kids meet up, perhaps at a park? So that we can all get to know others with small children.

I live in the inner southern suburbs.

Guest Sazzle76

We are flying out tomorrow! Staying in Brighton so about an hour south.

Also have 2 boys 3.5 and 1.5 and OH will be working so il be lonely too!

Getting scared of flying with the kids now :o(

Guest seekingsunshine

Hi we arrived yesterday and are currently in aldinga Beach at arrival accomadation - but looking to live north or west of city. i would love to meet up with other parents this week... had a wobble this morning at 4am wondering if we had done the right thing!i know it will be different when we've made friends and this is our 'home'!

please let me know if anything is arranged!

Guest seekingsunshine
Welcome to Adelaide.

You have done the right thing and as soon as you find a house and get settled it will soon feel like home.

Hope to meet up soon.

Sonya

thanks sonya :) i hope so! how long have you been here? we're looking at rentals this next week , running round trying to get one!

how long have you been out here?

hope to see you next week!

helen x

Guest Janine3979

Hi,

We've been here 2 weeks, my husband hasn't started work yet but will be doing in the next few weeks. I'm a bit worried about feeling lonely.

We have Connor aged 8, Melody aged 5 and our third child is due on 2nd Dec. If there are any meet ups going on in North Adelaide I would love to join in, we live in Salisbury Heights.

Janine (28), Darren (29), Connor (8) and Melody (5)

Guest Here at last!

Hi

We have been in South Australia since November 2008 but in Adelaide since July.

Good luck with the house viewings - there were some odd ones when we were looking!!

Sonya

Guest TheTodds

Hi

We arrived yesterday and had that moment of realisation wondering what we have done!!

Really love what we have seen so far and we are sure we will get into it once we have met one or two more people.

Dave, Helen and Emily (2), Hallett Cove

Guest seekingsunshine
Hi

We arrived yesterday and had that moment of realisation wondering what we have done!!

Really love what we have seen so far and we are sure we will get into it once we have met one or two more people.

Dave, Helen and Emily (2), Hallett Cove

H Dave, Helen (snap!) and Emily,

dont worry, i felt like that when we arrived! i still feel like that sometimes!cant decide if i was mad to do this or not!

we went to glenelg today and it was lovely - i think we need to see more of adelaide, at the moment we're just doing boring stuff like tax numbers etc!

helen x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nix2003fly

Where abouts are you? sorry for slow response we have been waiting for our internet. You have probably had your baby by now but if you would like to do something I am happy to travel. How shall we do this? shall we just pick a day and a place I am happy to have people here or meeting in a park is a good idea weather permiting at the moment. Hope everything is going ok with baby and if you need running anywhere don't be afraid to ask. Would also like to hear where you had baby as I am due in December.

Nicky