Girls Day Out McLaren Vale???

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Hi Ladies

Time has healed the many wounds of last year and the stresses caused by last minute drop outs.

So, I was thinking anyone fancy a trip to McLaren Vale wineries? I thought sometime after the school holidays are over (those of us who are mums will need something to help us recover).

Dates I thought of VERY provisionally are 2nd or 16th May. I am busy on the 9th May thanks to a fabbie friend of mine doing something fabbie on that day!!!

No specific details but pick up from Woodcroft shopping centre, lunch most likely at Woodstock winery - coz it's gorgeous there - with about 5 wineries or so. Price approx $70. If you're interested or have a suggestion, let me know...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw this today and couldn't believe how funny it could be. camel and tipsy on wine.

camel winery tours

6hrs touring around the Mclaren vale winery's on a camel.....how cool!!

8383 0488

Guest Libby1971

You've clearly never seen me at the end of winery 2! I can fall off a chair seat, never mind a camel. I'm open if this is popular. The price of the camel option is $90.00 and involves travelling on a camel round McLaren Vale. It costs $90 and says lunch is included although does not specify where or if buying bottles is catered for. I can't work out if we are expected to drive down to McLaren Vale so we can ride on camels or if we are picked up.

I don't mind organising it but a camel trip is not really my cup of tea.

Guest katsmajic

ooo hold that thought...il ask at work if i get get any discounts...

the owners are very cosy with the winery owners...

and im definately up for it - had a ball last year.

we certainly wouldnt fit the amount of wine we all bought on the back of a camel thats for sure!!! i recall us having more weight in wine than people at the end of last years trip :biglaugh:

Guest Nick11
Oh yeah!! And the fact we dropped in on the last winery with 5 mins notice LOL

Thanks for the enquiries Kat, much appreciated

I don't think that poor young lad who served us has ever recovered properly!:biglaugh:

Guest Lulujim

Hi Libby,

I would love to come if that's ok - (I know I'm not even there yet!) - but James doesn't start work until June 1st so will make use of his free time while I can! :D

When would paymnet need to be made as don't get there until April 24th .. but could try and sort something out if not.......

Thanks! Alexis

Guest Libby1971

Payment will be required in full before the day AND in time for me to cancel the trip if there are not enough people to make it viable. If we go on the 16th, then May 1st would be fine. We'll decide the details once we've found out if numbers mean this trip can go ahead.

Guest Libby1971

Madness...woody...tim...suggs...:swoon: far too sexy for my over 30 brain!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies for your interest and support. We'll need to try to muster some more if this trip is to go ahead.

Guest redfoxy
Hi Ladies

Time has healed the many wounds of last year and the stresses caused by last minute drop outs.

So, I was thinking anyone fancy a trip to McLaren Vale wineries? I thought sometime after the school holidays are over (those of us who are mums will need something to help us recover).

Dates I thought of VERY provisionally are 2nd or 16th May. I am busy on the 9th May thanks to a fabbie friend of mine doing something fabbie on that day!!!

No specific details but pick up from Woodcroft shopping centre, lunch most likely at Woodstock winery - coz it's gorgeous there - with about 5 wineries or so. Price approx $70. If you're interested or have a suggestion, let me know...

Hi all, I could be up for that, but I dont know anyone, been here 6 months now and mostly its just me n hubby...

Hi all, I could be up for that, but I dont know anyone, been here 6 months now and mostly its just me n hubby...

Hi

It will do you good to get out and meet some people. We are a friendly bunch so we will make you feel welcome. By the way I don't live far from you so if you ever want to meet up just give me a shout.

Paula x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Trakki

Would love to go but can't face the prospect of watching everyone else drinking and getting tipsy while I stay as sober as a judge. Was really looking forward to doing this when got here but I am sure there will be some next year.

Have a great time everyone