Cheers fellow Gallahs

Guest Django

Guest Django

Just want to say thanks for a great day to my fellow 'Gallahs'. Had a fabby time even though I was a lot rusty. :D Hope I didn't embarass you too much :P Looking forward to the next one. Best we arrange that one on msn so as not to overload this forums server. ;):D

Thanks again guys

Pete

Guest deb and stoo

Yo Gallah dudes

Just like to add to what Pete said and thank my 3 fellow Gallahs for a wonderful days golf even though the weather was not ideal (first time my brollies got wet)

I can give out the scores to those who are interested but will add it was a very close run thing between Ian & Graham, they sure know what they're doing ;).

Pete and I proved what we said by not playing as regularly as we'd like but showed the (very) occasional flash of brilliance, am sure with much more practice and some sunnier weather we'll be flashing a lot more :D.

As Graham rightly pointed out, during the debrief in the pub after, I seemed to be playing my own game by adopting winter rules and using local knowledge to my advantage, and I must admit thats the best round I've had for ages,well in the past 5 years (about 6 games).

I'm really looking forward to The Gallahs second game,hopefully in much sunnier clims where we've already decided that going in the rough will involve a big stick and some anti snake bite serum :( and staying well away from any water just in case the saltys are lurking.

Well done to Graham for our membership cards, a fine job and I'm looking forward to showing the guys at work though images of hundreds of parrots splattered down the highway does somewhat detract from the name .

Sorry to bore all the ladies with this post but Deb says as soon as we get there she'll work out a 'winery tour route' and imagines the ladies wining while the guys golf (not that the ladies ever whine) and thinks the group should be called 'The Flammin Gallahs Golf Widows Wine Appreciation & Tasting Society' TFGGWWATS (anyone any good at anagrams?)

Right time to soak in a radox bath, will be on messenger for a bit too.

:)

Just want to say thanks for a great day to my fellow 'Gallahs'. Had a fabby time even though I was a lot rusty. :D Hope I didn't embarass you too much :P Looking forward to the next one. Best we arrange that one on msn so as not to overload this forums server. ;):D

Thanks again guys

Pete

Guys will like to add it was a pleasure to get a round in with you guys and hope this is the first of many. Great company, great round ( for Graham!) First full task for the secretary is to cut Gra's handicap to its true level.

Obviously we will have to get the ladies more involved together and no i dont mean doing your sandwiches Pete! They will have to all get together and do something.

Once again thanks to you all for today and already looking forward to the next!

Stroke of the day - Petes "second shot" of the 1st Tee!

Bandit of the day - no contest has to be Graham

Drive of the day - I think i hit one a few yards!

Putting of the day - All Stoo's efforts

and lastly -

We've seen Jacs Rabbit!!!

Guest graandjac

;)Cheers guys had a great day aswell, the weather not to bad a little rain never hurt anybody,the golf ranged from superb to seriously s*** from all partys and the company was great. Lets hope that the galahas can grow in numbers and when we all get to the other side fun can be had by all,looking forward to the next time.

Cheers Graham

P.S Pete when we say the little old lady is in range that means wait to hit the ball:p.

Guest Django
P.S Pete when we say the little old lady is in range that means wait to hit the ball

I think I should put the record straight here as I appear here in a bad light (there's a first:D). I think the phrase was..... "they are over 200 yds away you'll never get that far".

Obviously we will have to get the ladies more involved together and no i dont mean doing your sandwiches Pete!

I do believe these words came out of Stoo's mouth not mine. ;)

Anything else was probably me. :D

Pete

I think I should put the record straight here as I appear here in a bad light (there's a first:D). I think the phrase was..... "they are over 200 yds away you'll never get that far".

I do believe these words came out of Stoo's mouth not mine. ;)

Anything else was probably me. :D

Pete

The honest truth He creamed it miles!

Guest deb and stoo

Stroke of the day - Petes "second shot" of the 1st Tee!

Bandit of the day - no contest has to be Graham

Drive of the day - I think i hit one a few yards!

Putting of the day - All Stoo's efforts

quote]

Yes agree with all the above,especially the bandit bit ;)

Petes first lulled us all into a false sense of security then nailed it right down the middle then Gra and Ian showed us how all their hours and hours of practice paid off and gave us some great shot demonstrations and when Ian got his monster out I felt sorry for the poor ball :D. I must admit my putting was above average today but I put that down to local knowledge and the fact i once went to the Masters ( well Monday practice day)

Cant wait to get out there and recce the courses,report back to the Gallahs and set up some more tournaments.

;)

Guest deb and stoo
Obviously we will have to get the ladies more involved together and no i dont mean doing your sandwiches Pete! They will have to all get together and do something.

and lastly -

We've seen Jacs Rabbit!!!

Ok I admit it,it was me that mentioned ladies and sandwhiches,making cups of tea etc etc but only because I knew Deb was miles out of earshot and of course would never dare say anything like that for real :(

(hoping this goes down the list rapidly before tommorrow)

Been looking on E Bay and they do do some very large pie tins...........if thats any help?

Guest deb and stoo

Yo Gra dude

Typed in rabbit on e bay search and :D, think it said something about 'c cells' what that has to do with rabbit pie is beyond me.

As a proud and silent galahs member I must apologise for my lack of interest lately having been nominated by your goodselves previously as a member !!! Sounds like a good time was had by all and the golfing ability varied . Unfortunately for me I was busy packing our wordly belongings for the imminent move , but when in the southern hemisphere - try keeping away .

God bless you all and keep up the entertaining banter Rich

Guest Django

Hi Rich,

Please feel free to join in the banter. Sorry to say you missed a great laugh all the way round.

Stoo will also be making the big move soon so perhaps you guys could get together and test drive a few courses for when the rest of us come over. Look forward to catching up with you when we come over next year.

Pete

Guest Aussiebound

Sounds like you all had a great today,

Although I am really surprised you all actually made it there, to the same place at the right time given the ordeal you all went through to organise it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pleased you all had a good time, sure Neil will be joining you all for a game soon.

Sarah

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Yes the more the merrier, Neil will be most welcome to join in a round or seven and I'm sure Sarah will want to join the FGGWWTATAS or whatever it was called.........basically an excuse to go round the wineries and sample their wares.

Guest Django
I'm sure Sarah will want to join the FGGWWTATAS or whatever it was called.........basically an excuse to go round the wineries and sample their wares.

.... and then make sandwiches for the gallahs ......... eh Stoo???? ;):D:D

Pete

Guest dale_jo@

Quick Note Dale Is Also A Keen Golfer & A Member At The Vines Of Reynella So When You Arrive Dale Is As Keen As Mustard For A Quick 19!!!!!!!!!

Dale &jo

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Jo

Look forward to meeting you both and signing Dale up for the Gallah's......like the way you said 19 as that last holes probably the most important ;)......hoping you'll join Deb in the FGGWWTATAS though sure you already know your way around the wineries :D

PS: Sent a pvt msg about the rental

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All . My sticks will be arriving mid august so any time soon after that we will love the good walk . We on the other hand arrive 28 July , so if there are any get-togethers going on after that date please let us know !

I do hope we have now done the worst bit ie packing and sending of belongings and doing most of farewells , so let the good times roll . Cheers All Rich

Guest graandjac

;)Hi Rich & Dale any new members always welcome you guys are going to have to do the golf recces for us late comers but the members ship cards are being printed as we speak....lol . Looking forward to our first gallah round in oz Cheers Graham