classic metal/ rock fans

Guest jaxcooper

Guest jaxcooper

Hi All,

My hubby and I are planning our first trip to Oz in October/ November time and I hope he will love the place as much as I think I will :)

It would be great if anyone out there shares my husbands taste in music as there isn't a great rock scene here in gloomy gloucester!

He is into Tool, Rush. Porcupine tree, Iron Maiden and Queensryche to name but a few :)

Would be great to hear from you..

Guest Bristol_Matt
Hi All,

My hubby and I are planning our first trip to Oz in October/ November time and I hope he will love the place as much as I think I will :)

It would be great if anyone out there shares my husbands taste in music as there isn't a great rock scene here in gloomy gloucester!

He is into Tool, Rush. Porcupine tree, Iron Maiden and Queensryche to name but a few :)

Would be great to hear from you..

He sounds like a top guy... But then I think that about anybody who likes Tool!

I have just come back from 2 weeks in Adelaide, and freely admit I am no expert on the place. BUT we did go to at least 1 pub every single day! Unfortunately I never found a rock bar, even in 'rough' Hindley Street where you tend to find backpackers. This isn't to say there isn't a scene, just that we never found it.

AC/DC, as you might, expect are still popular here.

Guest jaxcooper

Yeah he loves dream theater too:)

Matt where did you stay and who did you fly with ? I'm trying to suss it out before Hubby ( Ed) comes on board and we get something booked.

Anne when do you hope to be back? From your address at the mo it sounds like you're not far from my husbands place of birth as he was raised in Bishops Stortford ( in laws are still there) .

Everyone on this site has been so friendly and helpful- can't wait to get over there and meet some new friends ( bored of the ones I have here lol)

Guest Bristol_Matt
Yeah he loves dream theater too:)

Matt where did you stay and who did you fly with ? I'm trying to suss it out before Hubby ( Ed) comes on board and we get something booked.

We flew with Cathay Pacific, booked through STA Travel.

We stayed in a Comfort Inn Motel - Flinders Lodge. This was booked through Expedia. The room was cheap, basic with a double bed and 2 singles, a fridge and tv. The CBD was about a 15 min walk.

I wouldn't have a problem doing the same again.

Although, if you have the cash i would recommend hiring a property. When you stay in a motel you have 2 choices, stay in and watch tv, or go out drinking/eating in town. We would have loved the chance to just chill out in a garden, but felt we had to go out all the time. This was particularly annoying during the bank holiday when Adelaide closes!

Anne when do you hope to be back? From your address at the mo it sounds like you're not far from my husbands place of birth as he was raised in Bishops Stortford ( in laws are still there) .

You are spot on, we are a few miles from Stortford on the Essex side in a small village called Henham. I went to school in Stortford and we lived there for a while. Not many bands play in this area, as your husband probably knows !!! Don't know when we'll be back in Adelaide, just depends on how quickly the house sells, things seem to be picking up a bit at the moment so fingers crossed. Ideally we'd like the kids to finish this school year, then move over in August/September, but who knows? Good luck with your trip, I hope you like Adelaide.