Mum's meet up?

jo_marnes

Hi everyone,

I've not met many people here in Adelaide yet and wondered if there were any Mum's out there who would like to get together? Perhaps we could all meet up somewhere or I am willing to host coffee/ cakes etc at mine (Brighton) - kids welcome of course! :D

I have 3 boys - Aaron is 5 and at school, James is 2 and Leo is 15 mths. We'd love to meet new people and get a network of friends going. I'm really missing my coffee mornings and wine nights that I used to have back home and the kids are missing their old playmates.

If you are interested, either reply to this thread or PM me and we'll see if we can arrange something.

Jo xxx

Hi Jo, I'd love to meet up and I have a freind Kirsten and we enjoy coffee mornings and Wine lol. I have a 3 year old boy called Archie, who would love to play with kids similar to his age. He is missing nursery, as they dont start till there 4 here. Where just round the corner from you in Seacombe Gardens. Let us know of the details and we'll come and join you.

Love Jo

• 2 months later...
Guest Konyvesfamily

Hi

We arrive in just over two weeks (!!!). We have a little boy who will be two at the end of August and I would love to meet up with other mums too.

Georgina

Guest Here at last!

Hi

We are moving to Adelaide at the end of July. I have Oliver who is 4 and Theo who is nearly 2.

I don't mind driving to meet up somewhere to burn some of the kid's energy!

Sonya

Guest Nicky B

Hi Jo,

I wondered if you could give me some advise? I have read your posting about wanting to meet up with other mums. I have a 21 month son and i'm expecting baby no. 2 in november (another boy - we've just found out!). We hope to be over in Adelaide early next year and I just wanted to ask your advise about moving over to oz with little ones.

I'm starting to get quite worried about making the move. My son is really getting close to his grandparents and I feel awful about taking that away from him. How are you finding it without family support? I also worry about not having friends around with children - are you finding there are lots of classes or toddler groups about? Have you had many responses from other emglish mums about meeting up?

We have wanted to make the move for some time now and are very excited that we are nearly there but of course being very hormonal at the moment I am starting to have lots of worries about it!!

Hope you can help - I would be interested in meeting up when we eventually get there!!

Thanks,

Nicky

Hi Jo,

My son is really getting close to his grandparents and I feel awful about taking that away from him. How are you finding it without family support? I also worry about not having friends around with children - are you finding there are lots of classes or toddler groups about? Have you had many responses from other emglish mums about meeting up?

Hi Nicky

My son is also getting very close to his grandparents he is 2 1/2 we are hoping to be out in Oz towards the end of this year and he will be three and my daughter will be 1. I am worried but you must be going on a roller coaster what with being pregnant.

There are loads of people on here who have made the move with kids and they all seem to be ok about it. Yes it will be hard but your son will be at the right age for it to be an adventure.

All I can say is it will be ok and just keep an eye on here. If your on facebook you cna always chat on there just PM and we can keep in touch.

All the best and I am sure it will be ok.

Michelle

xx

I'm starting to get quite worried about making the move. My son is really getting close to his grandparents and I feel awful about taking that away from him. How are you finding it without family support? I also worry about not having friends around with children - are you finding there are lots of classes or toddler groups about? Have you had many responses from other emglish mums about meeting up?

Thanks,

Nicky

Hiya Nicky,

It's a bit different for me as my parents and sister moved here 6 mths before us so we have a support network. Having said that, I've met up with lots of families and they all seem to be managing very well without family from back home. I think the key is helping each other out - I've met great people via this site and meet regularly, as well as going to playgroups etc, all of whom have been welcoming.

We had our Mum's meet up a while ago now but I am always up for meeting new people. Just give us a yell when you get here (PM or use mob number in my signature). I had people help me out when I arrived and it would be nice to be able to do the same for others. Even if its telling you where to buy a toaster, every bit of info helps :biglaugh:

I have quite a few friends here now with lots of kids between us. Kids are the best way to meet people - we all have something in common! Don't worry about it - it all works out.

Jo xxx

Guest Nicky B

Hi Jo & Michelle,

Thank you both for your replies - its made me feel much better. We are looking forward to starting a new life in oz so much and feel it will be a great place to bring our kids up and also we love the lifestyle in oz.

I will try and get in touch when we get over next year.

Nicky :)

Guest The Pickles

Hi Jo

I've sent a PM too but would also like to meet up and I'm happy to drive to Brighton (we're currently in Hallett Cove). I'll be bringing Louis age 4 as he's not at pre-school yet until we've found an area to rent long term.

Thanks!

Marilyn