• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Surfing and golf

adelaide now
      27 times
      Thanks for the replies. I will be in touch when we arrive.
      I hardlly seem to get time to play much in the Uk these days.
      Looking forward to meeting you all
      Lesley, Ian and Louise (aged 11 gymnast mad) - Job offer in Oz Sept 2005 - Gov. changed criteria for visa while sponsorship forms been filled in. Could no longer apply. Heard about extra point for IELTS test Sept 07. Vetessess Dec 07 - SA Sponsorship June 08 - IELTS test passed July 08 - 475 application August 08- Medical and police checks Dec 08 - Visa granted 4th March09!!!!:) moving to Adelaide Sept 09

Henley Beach
      5 times
      Hi all, iv'e been here approx 10 months now & just discovered this Forum.

I'd be up for a few rounds if anyones got the patience to tag along with a Hacker!! Iv'e been out at Adelaide Shores for a few twilight rounds during the summer evenings, & must say it's cheap.....about 6 quid for 18holes. I used to pay that for 9 holes in a Marshy field in the UK !!

As for surfing.......never tried it, but have been Kitesurfing for the last 3 years. Adelaide has an awesome kiting scene. Iv'e kited in Spain / Brazil / Caribbean & it rivals these with ease.

My advice to you is between now & Sept, get some lessons & buy some second hand kites in the UK as there a lot cheaper there. Come Sept the Seabreeze season starts here & you'll be out ripping it up every day untill March !!!

As for the sharks, it's mainly Bronzies off the Metro shores . The pointers tend to stay on the York Peninsular where the snapper & tuna farms are. I'd rather be skipping across the water than paddling about in it waiting for a wave in any case.
      back clan likes this.

OO are ya
      Get yourself down to Middleton on the south coast...and whist you are there bring your sticks and play golf at McCracken golf club, or Victor Harbor golf club, Goolwa GC, Lady Bay golf Links at Normanville, Mt Compass golf club. These will not set you any more back than around $30ish....Entertainment book has two 4 one voucher for some of these courses.

Good luck,

OO are ya

loving the post about the pointer hahahha 16 foot 30km out!

That bad boy wont be coming anywhere near the shore! and if it did it would not be intrested in a surfer!

I mean seriously those big bad boys stay way out! they have mako's 12km from torqauy in Victoria but never been onshore! and a family of sharks that live a few km off coogee in sydney and they never come in!

If if you think they are there just keep you feet up lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums