Fishing

suziewozie

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Susan

Jake is 11 and loves fishing although we haven't done too much sea fishing to be honest but looking forward to getting in to it. We arrive next Friday and will be living short term in Aldinga Beach and then moving up to Port Noarlunga.

Will be more than happy to meet up with you guys on the jetty at Noarlunga and dip a line or two. I'll drop you a line after we arrive and arrange a meet up if thats ok.

Stuart, Elaine, Jake (11), Rebecca (8)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hopefull
My son who is 12yrs old is interested in fishing. Is there anyone on here who would be willitly same ong to " show him the ropes". Obviously one of us would come too but I would not know where to start.

Thanks in advance.:)

Take a trip to the shop on Beach Road, Port Noarlunga. We were in exactly same position as you with a 12 year old. All we did was explain to the guys in the shop that we didn't have a clue. They were absolutely brilliant, they advised us on everything we needed and even spent loads of time showing us all how to tie knots on lines etc. They also gave advice on where to fish and best times etc. When we spoke about how to clean fish etc they told us to call them or pop in with the fish and they would show us what to do.

Our son told them that he wanted to fish for squid off Port Noarlunga Jetty. They set his rod and line up with the appropriate lure and told us when to go. End result squid caught 2 days in a row.

Think it's called Anglers Choice

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day.

Where bouts are you to ?

Im in seaford rise and brought loads of tackle over with me so if your son wants to try a bit of fishing one day or night fishing is pretty good just give me a shout.

Missus will probally come along as well as she likes fishing too plus we got loads of spare gear if you need to borrow some before you buy some

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Susie

I'm taking Jake (11) down to the jetty at Port Noarlunga on Saturday morning, quite welcome to join us. We have spare gear and we've caught fish down there everytime we've been so a good place to learn the ropes. Drop me a PM in you want to meet down there and I'll send you my number.

Stuart

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Susie

I'm taking Jake (11) down to the jetty at Port Noarlunga on Saturday morning, quite welcome to join us. We have spare gear and we've caught fish down there everytime we've been so a good place to learn the ropes. Drop me a PM in you want to meet down there and I'll send you my number.

Stuart

Guest Guest75
Take a trip to the shop on Beach Road, Port Noarlunga. We were in exactly same position as you with a 12 year old. All we did was explain to the guys in the shop that we didn't have a clue. They were absolutely brilliant, they advised us on everything we needed and even spent loads of time showing us all how to tie knots on lines etc. They also gave advice on where to fish and best times etc. When we spoke about how to clean fish etc they told us to call them or pop in with the fish and they would show us what to do.

Our son told them that he wanted to fish for squid off Port Noarlunga Jetty. They set his rod and line up with the appropriate lure and told us when to go. End result squid caught 2 days in a row.

Think it's called Anglers Choice

It is called that.

Great bunch of blokes in there,they've helped me no end.

Good to just call in and have a chat - I always end up buying something!!!:)