Boat/fishing trip anyone??

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

It's going to be red hot again tomorrow but I'm going g to risk a trip out in the boat.

7am until it gets too hot.

My old regular fishing companion has just said he is not coming tomorrow - he is 78 and on a lot of medication so I don't blame him.Mrs Tyke is not keen on this heat on the boat either.

I'm just mad:goofy:

So I have a spare slot - possibly two.

For this Thursday morning 12/11/09.

Can I ask no ladies please as Mrs Tyke will have something to say ( i'M NOT SEXIST - HONEST!)

No young children - just on a safety basis - The Jean Genie zips along!

Not bothered if you have not fished before - but worthwhile coming if you are genuinely interested in local fishing ( not giving my secret spot coordinates though!)

It should not be too bumpy tomorrow but not my fault if you get sea sick - just aim it outwards and wait for me to finish fishing:goofy:

I am safety orientated and the boat is rigged out with all safety features + more.

A donation to the expensive cockle bait fund would be appreciated.

Plenty of spare fishing tackle.

Share anything caught + I'll fillet it.

Launching from O'Sullivan's Beach ramp for around 7.00am

It will be HOT so you'll need lots of suncream /hat/water and stuff.

PM me if you are interested - first in - best dressed!;)

I'll post when the slot is taken.

Guest Team 'W'

hiya tyke

theres lots an lots of sharks out there an i know how you feel about them;so you need a look out to keep an eye open for you" can i dress in drag " an paint a muzzie on .an anuther thing youll av to buy a bigger freezer if you cum back with a hoard like last wk or was it the other day "its the heat " ...

Guest Guest75
hiya tyke

theres lots an lots of sharks out there an i know how you feel about them;so you need a look out to keep an eye open for you" can i dress in drag " an paint a muzzie on .an anuther thing youll av to buy a bigger freezer if you cum back with a hoard like last wk or was it the other day "its the heat " ...

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Tis' a worry I'm afraid.

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Tyke would love to come but on nights. Will keep a look out for next time as hopefully would be able to make it.Never been fishing from a boat,but only just started fishing since being here going with Heaps good a few times. Cheers steve.

Guest Guest75

No takers I'm afraid.

So I did a solo locally.

Glad I did -stinking hot and no tide ( called a Dodge tide).

It was all against me but wanted a spin out.

Glad I did.

Took a 67cm Snook on a 5oz minnow lure using light spinning tackle - that was fun!

He wrapped himself in at least 2m of my line.

Second cast produced another big Snook but lost him as I was trying to net him:arghh:

Had a few Tommies on the lure as well but not as eager as last week.

Hit 5 King George Whiting,one of them was a whopper.

2 Leatherjackets and a squid.

Back in to the ramp for 1.00pm.

Had a pod of Dolphins swimming around as well - just still can't get over seeing them.

Snook for tea - that fella will feed us two :)

Haul121109.jpg

Look at the choppers on the Snook!

Snookchoppers.jpg

Guest Guest75
Nice one Tyke am well envious, are the 2 fish with no heads the leatherjackets?? And why are they the only ones with no heads?

Cheers

Yes the headless ones are Leatherjackets.

The meat stays sweeter if killed immediately + I have had a large chunk removed from the ball of my hand by one of these fellas when I have to stick my hand in the esky!:arghh::arghh:

They have a rim of solid bone for teeth - you can feel them grinding on the hooks at times.

Guest Guest75
Hmmmm, I wish this offer was on when I was there! I would have loved it.

Sorry mate - slots are a bit random.

I go out on trips with a lot of the local blokes - who really know their stuff - great learning curve!!

Putting it all into practice and it's paying off;);)

Guest Team 'W'

tyke you,ll av to stop doin this.....

my kids want a boat now....ahhhhh

an i offered to come with you but i was rejected[sob sob]

funny we was down on beach tonite wen a bloke came in with his boat an hubby said to our oldest eres tyke he was half way down the beach before he realised we was pullin his leg. wantin to see wat you caught.hes in bed now but ill show im to moz. gud catch.

Guest Guest75
tyke you' date='ll av to stop doin this.....

my kids want a boat now....ahhhhh

an i offered to come with you but i was rejected[sob sob']

funny we was down on beach tonite wen a bloke came in with his boat an hubby said to our oldest eres tyke he was half way down the beach before he realised we was pullin his leg. wantin to see wat you caught.hes in bed now but ill show im to moz. gud catch.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pool/BBQ?esky.....boat - all part of the list of tackle you need here.

Guest Guest75
Ahhhhhh Bugger -Tyke.

Wish i read your post yesterday morning, i would have taken the day off work.

More than welcome to come out mate - I'll pm next time a slot comes up.

normally 2 days warning at most due to weather forecast.:)

I've put a hyphen in the top line.

Guest Guest75
SOOOOOO Glad Steve didn't see you were going he would have taken the day off to go lol he still tells everyone about the lovely fish you gave us and tells me thats why we need to get a boat:skeptical:.

Ya don't need a reason!!

I've got the bad side of it this morning.

I MUST give the boat a thorough clean and scrub out - she smells awful and is attracting a lot of flies much to Mrs Tyke's annoyance.

Probaly got bait and fish sat in corners going off nicely.:(:wideeyed::eek:

Guest Guest75
I can feel a sicke getting thrown soon...lol

Goping to try and get my boat licence too mate, got the book will ask you to test me out...in the future to get me ready..

HG

Give me a forecast on the sickie.;)

Looks like I'm on Spot "X" on Tuesday with Andrew's Dad ;)

Good idea to get your licence now,hearing rumours they are going to become renewable instead of lifetime.

Don't mind doing some revision - I have the study gear from the Sea Rescue course if you want to borrow that as well :)

Give me a forecast on the sickie.;)

Looks like I'm on Spot "X" on Tuesday with Andrew's Dad ;)

Good idea to get your licence now,hearing rumours they are going to become renewable instead of lifetime.

Don't mind doing some revision - I have the study gear from the Sea Rescue course if you want to borrow that as well :)

Thats a good offer there tyke.