Seen my first shark

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

It had to come.............:shocked:

I was out in the boat on my own - 2k's off Moana.

I saw the shark spotter plane circling and then they put the shark alert siren on.

Thought no more about it until I saw a sharp fin tip just out of the water:shocked:

About 15ft away from me - I could see his shape,reckon he was around 3 - 4 metres.

He just sidled past.

Awesome is the only word, felt a little worried but enthralled at the opportunity to see such a magnificent beast:notworthy:

Not put me off one bit.....Stevo.

Guest Guest75
You should have tried dangling some fingers over the side to see if he came up for a nibble!

Was probably a dolphin though!!!!!!!

:P:p

Just seen the news ,a GW was having a go at a tinnie on Glenelg Tyre reef earlier:swoon:

Guest kangomik

They just like to have a taste, one of the guys was Whyalla /port Augusta way earlier in the year, i guy pulled out his brand new fiberglass boat, a bit one about 18 to 20 foot with marks around the rear corner and motor leg, again just having a taste.

I saw the shark spotter plane circling and then they put the shark alert siren on.

Thought no more about it until I saw a sharp fin tip just out of the water:shocked:

About 15ft away from me - I could see his shape,reckon he was around 3 - 4 metres.

He just sidled past.

Awesome is the only word, felt a little worried but enthralled at the opportunity to see such a magnificent beast:notworthy:

wow man that must have been amazing, bet the old ticker was oing some.

wish i was there with you.....good to see you back ok tho

HG

Guest Team 'W'

aw tyke [you,ve let me down]you never got a pickie of his pearly whites!!!!you must av seen a few out on boat or is he ur first up close and personnal...yep bet it got the old ticker racing.

glad ur back safe hun!!!

Now on to the other catch what did you bring home for xmas tea...

Guest Guest75
wow man that must have been amazing, bet the old ticker was oing some.

wish i was there with you.....good to see you back ok tho

HG

It was on the spot were were on the other week;);)

Guest Guest75
That sounds awesome Tyke :notworthy:. There's nothing quite like seeing a creature in its' own environment....and how lovely you didn't try to bring it back for the smoker lol!

:wubclub: LC

Shame I didn't have my wire traces with me.

A bit of Flake and chips....can't beat it:)

Guest Guest75
aw tyke [you' date=ve let me down]you never got a pickie of his pearly whites!!!!you must av seen a few out on boat or is he ur first up close and personnal...yep bet it got the old ticker racing.

glad ur back safe hun!!!

Now on to the other catch what did you bring home for xmas tea...

Too busy doing a slack jaw and tight sphincter to take a piccie :biglaugh:

Not my best catch today,just a few Tommies and Gar - not surprised with that thing hanging around though!

He just sidled past.

Ya should have got your rod out and landed it mate:)

Guest Guest75
My mate had the same thought until he saw his first GWS, he came back in and sold his boat.

Stevo

:P:p:p

Just can't wait to get out there again !

I have many more probs with the people back at the launch ramps, etiquette seems to go out of the window on the weekend and holiday times.

Just can't wait to get out there again !

I have many more probs with the people back at the launch ramps, etiquette seems to go out of the window on the weekend and holiday times.

You should take that northern pitbull dog from down Seaford way;) out with you mate, i am sure he will sort em out for you....:biglaugh::biglaugh:

HG

I have seen a shark once in 25 years living here, and you just arrived from the motherland and have seen one already? I even lived at West Beach for most of my life, went to the Surf Life Saving Club for years, went Sailing from the Henley Sailing Club for 2 years or so, and went kayaking many times last summer.

Maybe I need to get into fishing! Not fair!

My parents were on the way home from the beach the other day and there was a small crowd at the service station at West Beach. There was a Department of Fisheries 4WD there with a 4 wheeled trailer with a 2.5 metre shark in the back... Apparently it stunk.