A great fishing day

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

I've copied and pasted this from one of the fishing forums I'm involved with.

Just had a great day out yesterday,much needed R&R & fun

Had a great day out yesterday.

A pleasant change to have Andrew as a crewie and his Dad who is a regular fishing partner.

This is for Andrew with a big kiss kiss.gif - see later........

This image is reduced by 32%, click it to view full size.

Image214.jpg

Went out with high expectations of depleting the local KG Whiting population.

Not a chance!!

All drops were void of KG's, just a few Red Mullet,Squid,Leatheries and still the baby Snapper in droves on some spots

Decided to head to a spot which as well as giving up KG's has shown promise on the Snook front. I was especially keen as I seem to have the bug for Snook at the moment,great sport and tasty too.

Bloody hell - it paid up in spades!!!

Ended up with 51 healthy Snook in the esky !!

The pic is messy,couldn't be arsed spreading them out for display,That family esky is choc full of Snook & the odd Tommy.

This image is reduced by 32%, click it to view full size.

Image212.jpg

I learned a lot yesterday,certainly whetted my appetite further.

Trialled out a lure I had for ages with trebles on.I normally just stick a metal Whitebait one but Andrew encouraged me to have a go.Great and I reckon it put my catch rate up.

I caught a few Snook,a Tommy, my woolly jumper (several times),nearly my "man bits" a few times and last but not least my finger (pictured above )Rather than muck around in casualty Andrew "extracted" the lure with his Squid jag line.

Thank you for saving my life ,I knew you were going to do that!

Next time I'll remember to take a pic !!!!

Guest Squareman

Sounds awesome Tyke. I enjoy a bit of fishing myself, but I have no knowledge of the Adelaide scene. I saw a few blokes bass-fishing in one of the lagoons and I will defo give that a bash when I'm over there.

Guest Guest75
Sounds awesome Tyke. I enjoy a bit of fishing myself, but I have no knowledge of the Adelaide scene. I saw a few blokes bass-fishing in one of the lagoons and I will defo give that a bash when I'm over there.

There is some good fishing on the rivers and lakes. From hooooge European Carp,Redfin to Bream.

For more info on the local scene have a look at our local fishing forum below,a great bunch in there:notworthy:

Strike & Hook - South Australia's Online Fishing Resource

Tight lines:)

Guest Guest75
Glad you explained what had happened to your finger - I thought you were just posting up rude pics! Oh, and I'm not sure if you realised but one of those things you caught is a bottle, not a fish!!

:biglaugh:

I freeze a few bottles of water down - rather than buy ice;);)

Guest Guest75
A photo of an esky full of fish isn't complete without a stubby in it. You can't be a proper Aussie yet Tyke :)

:P:p

A bottle of red was sunk easily later on though!