Welcome to the Fishing area....

Guest Guest75

A great idea Mart. Looks like there are so many people interested in the fishing here.

Not just seriously but as a social thing as well. :)

Sure this section will soon fill up.......newbies just ask away!!

Guest Guest75
mines bigger than yours.........................

stevo

Photos and witnesses required mate!!

So glad I had two "crewies" on board the other day ;)

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi Ian.

I fish Christies and Moana with some great catches on cockles and pilchards in close but realy depends on what your after.

Fishing out deep ive had PJ's, Salmon and hooked into things thats just took my hooks and pulled the rod out my hands.

You never can tell but whats down there.

In close expect mullet, tommies, salmon trout, salmon, whiting, flathead and crabs.

Whack your hooks out deeper and if you do hook into something, bloody hold tight lol lol

A great idea Mart. Looks like there are so many people interested in the fishing here.

Not just seriously but as a social thing as well. :)

Sure this section will soon fill up.......newbies just ask away!!

Yes there does seem to be alot of interest.....

Maybe in the summar we could get 10/12 of us together and get a charter out of Glenelg or something...

HG

Guest cornish Busdriver

Maybe in the summar we could get 10/12 of us together and get a charter out of Glenelg or something...

HG

Defo sounds like a great idea to me, count me in

Guest Guest75

One of the most respected charter operators is John Winslet of Glenelg Fishing Charters.

He knows his stuff and offers various trips from 4 hours to full offshore 9 hours .

It's an ugly cow of a boat but he does hit the fish regularly.:notworthy:

Glenelg Fishing Charters

I'll ask about for other charter firms.

Guest Scrappin' Julie

HG

Well is this a blokes jolly or are you willing to put up with a female on the boat? I love to fish and am not one of those squeamish floosies that won't get her hands slimy :jimlad:

With her username I'd be careful - you may end up over board;)

Hey thunder, are you a Sopranos fan? I never realised that it was the same Steve Van Zandt

Steven Van Zandt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cooler

I know it was a little cheeky, I hope Julie can see the funny side, if not I'm in trouble :unsure:

Steve Van Z, yeah, he can't sing a note, but boy he can act and he plays guitar like a demon !!! That part was made for him. In fact if I make the fishing comp at the weekend, I may wear my Steve Van Z bandana in homage !!!:notworthy:

Guest Scrappin' Julie
Great, a lady on board !:)

I'll remember to bring my ironing ;)

Ironing?? :nah: What's that then? If I was a "regular bird" then I wouldn't go fishin' would I...I'd be flicking a duster around my house all day and making my own jam! ;)

Guest Django

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez this forum has gone to the dogs.:arghh: I thought it was a migration forum. :wacko:

So instead of helping with visas, etc we all have to talk about what size line and hook you've used to kill fish with.

Thats useful to people struggling with skill assesments.:nah:

...and my username refers to scrapbooking :P

Reminds me of a shop name over here I came across when putting a retail database together, it was called "Maggie's Scrapping" - made me snigger everytime!! Imagine answering the phone there???

Sorry, back to fishing......

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez this forum has gone to the dogs. I thought it was a migration forum.

So instead of helping with visas, etc we all have to talk about what size line and hook you've used to kill fish with.

Thats useful to people struggling with skill assesments.

Its useful for guys out here having a really really hard time of it wanting to get out and meet some people to share stories and help in a face to face manner.:D

We could get rid of thalf the board if we wanted with what your saying....:wacko:

HG

Guest Guest75
after a thoroughly enjoyable day sat at moana ive been told to try wallaroo for a spot of fishing. any advice about where to go and what to do??? the jetty there or off the beach??? bait etc??? chhres folks!!!

steve

Got the bug hey??

I've heard the jetty is good.

Cockles,squid and pilchard baits should be good.

You might want to have a go for squid for bait. Just buy a cheapie squid jag.