Fishing Comp and get together Saturday

Guest cornish Busdriver

Guest cornish Busdriver

The weather for Saturday is looking great with a 4.5knot northerly wind so should lift the surf a little that will be good.

As this get together and comp has gone from a few people to a quiet large number now and Moana being a dry beach and also as there are a lot of prizes instead of just beer; i am thinking instead of the 6 pack entry there will be a donation tin on the table for a children cancer charity instead.

There will be lots of white bait and pilchards for bait but if you want to bring some of your own i would recommend Goolwa Cockles.

Start is 9am or just after and will finshish by 2pm then all the prizes will be handed out.

Here are the prizes and categories.

Under 18 biggest catch = $30 fishing voucher supplied by www.auseelife.com.au

Novice biggest catch = 2 piece surf rod and reel supplied by Anglers Choice.

Experienced biggest catch = Made to measure waders supplied by Anglers Choice

and will be modelled by Tyke.

Woman’s biggest catch = 7ft one-piece general-purpose rod and reel.

Most Fish = $160 $160 Minor Car Service supplied by M D Auto Care, Aldinga

Mark from Anglers Choice will be on hand to offer advice, tips and tricks plus Anglers Choice has made up a load of little gift packs for people with stuff to get you started as well as suppling great prizes and bait.

Overall should be a great day for everyone.

The funny thing is diane he won, I'd better get peeling the spuds, hmmm fish and chips tonight;)

LOL and tomorrow no doubt to use up the stuff from Coles!! I like my fish best from Coles (or rather the fish market on GJ Rd!), doesn't have innards, and scales, and bones.....!! Well done to Steve though, he can do the caveman "Hunter and Gatherer" chest-beat now!!

LOL and tomorrow no doubt to use up the stuff from Coles!! I like my fish best from Coles (or rather the fish market on GJ Rd!), doesn't have innards, and scales, and bones.....!! Well done to Steve though, he can do the caveman "Hunter and Gatherer" chest-beat now!!

Lol he hasn't got enough hair for the caveman bit. I got cod real cod not that smoked frozen stuff either all I need now is some non brew vinager for my chips lol

Lol he hasn't got enough hair for the caveman bit. I got cod real cod not that smoked frozen stuff either all I need now is some non brew vinager for my chips lol

LOL Got a big jar full of Malt Vinegar here - want some?! The make is Cornwells though - not Sarsons :( Mmmmm, might have to head up to Hope Valley for some chips myself now!

Guest joolz

A big thanks to everyone who put something into todays fishing meet...would of been nice to take something out of the sea but our fishy friends weren't taking the bait...no worries we loved being out meeting people and enjoying the beach.

A good time had by all...and we will be getting rods to do more fishing!!!!:notworthy:

Guest The Dimmocks

We had a good time today, didnt catch anything though :-(

Thanks to Cornish Busdriver for arranging it and thanks for the freebies.

haha i won the novice biggest fish, (i was the novice not the fish!!) by default really!!! fish wasnt even big enough to eat!! big winner was childrens cancer charity! weel done everyone!!! thanks to tyke cornish busdriver and anglers choice!!

steve

Well done though Steve, and I'm sure Tina has told you many times, it's not all about size...(where fishes are concerned)...!!! Just been looking at the pics, a great turn out, well done to everyone involved and participating.